Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I'd upgrade but that's just me. I never owned the original iPhone, but I can tell you that the 3G is vital because I don't always have hot-spots (or FREE hot-spots) available. Plus, I'm starting to be a little more cautious with my wifi use after reading Rene's post (and doing a little more research on the subject) about wifi safety. Guess who picks up the slack? 3G.

And having GPS is INCREDIBLY useful. It's not turn-by-turn/voice directed -- that's another topic -- but it's functional enough for my driving needs. It gets the job done, just not as easily I'd like.

So yeah, if you've got the money to spare, I say go for it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It all depends on how badly you want the few added features. Namely GPS and 3g. If those are important to you, then yes, for sure upgrade. Other than that there is not much of a difference.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
the gps is pretty much insignificant IMO. Now if you're in a 3g area, that alone is worth the upgrade.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I had a friend who was rocking the 2G for a while after the 3G came out. He used it pretty much as a phone and for WiFi, saying it wasn't worth much on EDGE, but he didn't believe 3G would be either.

Then he got the 3G.

Now, every time I see him, he says "Wow, was I wrong, I don't even have to take my laptop with me anymore. This *is* the next big thing."

So, yeah...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2