Mobile Me/ Yahoo

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have a quick question. My free trial of Mobile me ends on the 24th. I was wondering is Mobile Me the only one out there right now that will sync contacts and calenders or does Yahoo do that as well?

Also if I remove Mobile Me from my email list can I still sync to my iTunes to get all my contacts or will I need to enter them all manually.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
The other way is using exchange, but most places that do hosted exchange aren't free so you are probably better off with Mobile Me.

Not exactly sure how the iTunes sync works with contacts since I've used exchange since day 1

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Ok I do have another question. Is there a way to get my email on my iPhone (for my yahoo account) to say from my gmail account?

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
I'll definitely vouch for Mail2web... I've been using it for two years now with a Google-hosted apps account forwarding to my free mail2web account. Thanks to the push nature of Activesync, my mail shows up on my phone even faster than it does in my webmail, and my contacts/tasks/calendar are always synced to the cloud (in this case, mail2web). I just wish there were easy ways to sync all of the stuff sitting on that exchange server with Google's services, as I live in their world for most of my internet needs.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Yahoo pisses me off. They won't let you forward your mail unless you have a premium account! I want to just use MobileMe on my iPhone but have to set up yahoo too cause I can't forwarded it. Yahoo is a B&$@#!!!!!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yahoo pisses me off. They won't let you forward your mail unless you have a premium account! I want to just use MobileMe on my iPhone but have to set up yahoo too cause I can't forwarded it. Yahoo is a B&$@#!!!!!!

I tried using Yahoo when I first switched to the iPhone, quickly learned you get what you pay for... :) And in my case is was NADA. MobileMe or a Exchange account is the way to go for reliable email service.

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
I've been using Yahoo as a push mail forwarder for awhile. It generally works well, though there have been a couple of instances where it has missed pushes. I make sure to fetch on a regular basis just to make sure. I forward all my incoming mail accounts to my Yahoo forwarder account, which pushes them to my iphone. It's free and easy to set up.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Ok I do have another question. Is there a way to get my email on my iPhone (for my yahoo account) to say from my gmail account?

Yeah, you can tap the "Cc/Bcc, From:" section when writing an email and it will show you the From: address from all the accounts on your phone.

iphonefromadd.jpg

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
@schartzr if you use a free Mail2Web account instead of Yahoo, you can set your "from" or "reply-to" address as your gmail account (you do this in your activesync settings). This way, it shows up on your device via activesync/push, and any mail you send via that account will look like it was sent from your Gmail. ...and no, you don't have to upgrade to a paid account to get this capability (contrary to what the website suggests).

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i really need to reconsider using the mail2web account, i set one up, but couldnt figure out how to get it to push to my iphone. i signed up for the 60 day trial of mobile me, but i use a business yahoo acct, and if i forward the email to the mobile me acct, i cant access it within outlook. that made it a no go for me as i live and die by my outlook.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2