Another battery issue?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I used to be able to run my phone with pretty heavy usage for a day and a half with no problems. As of the last two days my battery as been draining fast with minamal use! I charge my phone up the night prior and the next day turn it on at say 8am and by 4pm I already have between 20% and 10% battery left with only checking email and SMS, no internet in the last two days. I am really confused! :confused:I have exchange for my main email and I fetch my old email every hour. I never had a problem but the last two days I have not used it a whole lot at all except for email and checking sports scores and SMS. Way below my average use. :eek:Whats going on? The battery is not removable so what do I do? I am going to test it again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That happened to me one night a week or so ago. Has not happened since. My guess is something with exchange got stuck and it possibly kept checking for emails... only thing I could think of.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
That could be because it only happens maybe once or at max twice a month. But twice in two days scared me.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well I will try it again tommorrow and see what happens, if it goes the same three days straight I might go into a panic attack mode!:D You might need to send medics out for me. ;)

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
:eek::eek:Badash its official, my phone is screwed. When I wrote this thread I was charging the phone from 20% percent battery life. Well when I hit 100% fully charged, I put the phone off to the side and never touched it for two hours. After two hours I get on the phone and I have almost less than half a battery!:eek:I never used it! Is an app doing this? I don't know what app would. I am now in complete panic/disgust mode. I don't know what to do. ATT would probably laugh in my face and not believe me. :(

EDIT: I clicked on safari and saw that it was half way down loading google home page. I wonder if that was what the problem was? I click out of it when it was doing that two days ago. Maybe a page needs to be fully downloaded before you go back to the home screen?

EDIT#2: I got on my pc and on to outlook checking my email...the exchange email. I had two emails and for the first time they never showed up on my phone....I am talking two hours after being sent. Maybe the exchange is the problem?:confused:

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
:eek::eek:Badash its official, my phone is screwed. When I wrote this thread I was charging the phone from 20% percent battery life. Well when I hit 100% fully charged, I put the phone off to the side and never touched it for two hours. After two hours I get on the phone and I have almost less than half a battery!:eek:I never used it! Is an app doing this? I don't know what app would. I am now in complete panic/disgust mode. I don't know what to do. ATT would probably laugh in my face and not believe me. :(

EDIT: I clicked on safari and saw that it was half way down loading google home page. I wonder if that was what the problem was? I click out of it when it was doing that two days ago. Maybe a page needs to be fully downloaded before you go back to the home screen?

EDIT#2: I got on my pc and on to outlook checking my email...the exchange email. I had two emails and for the first time they never showed up on my phone....I am talking two hours after being sent. Maybe the exchange is the problem?:confused:

Is your phone warm? Also something to check to see if something is indeed running... charge it fully. Remove it from the charger and let the phone sit for 30 minutes... then check the usage... and see if it was in use for those 30 minutes or more than a single minute. If so... something is running. One way to check for that.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I am charging it right now, I am going to try what you said. I find it funny how my emails did not come in late last night. Also someone sent me a text yesterday morning and I did not get it until today after the phone had been off all night. Once I turned it on I got everything in at once.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You might want to try restarting your phone. This happened to me this weekend and since it is my alarm clock, I was late getting up on Saturday...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You might want to try restarting your phone. This happened to me this weekend and since it is my alarm clock, I was late getting up on Saturday...

If the phone has died out completely it is safe to say that it has been restarted no? :D

I can promise a simple restart will more than likely not clear this one up. If it continues it is going to take a full restore. At least that is what I had to do. Possibly removing exchange and adding it back may help as well. Depends on what is causing the drain.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
The battery is looking ok so far. I hit usage and it shows in use for 2mins and standby for 27mins since last charge. I did hit the home button twice to see if the battery was draining but never took it out of unlock.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I caught it at 10 percent. I was on the Internet and switched to the home page in the middle of a download. I think it was still trying to load which caused the drain. My phone is now back to normal.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I caught it at 10 percent. I was on the Internet and switched to the home page in the middle of a download. I think it was still trying to load which caused the drain. My phone is now back to normal.

That's very odd... you sure that was draining your battery each and every time?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
This happened to me (with the phone getting hot) early after the 2.1 release. I did a restore/reinstall, and it was fine after that.

Chris

BillPetro

Jun 9, 2008
www.billpetro.com
I wish there was a "profiles" App that would allow one to set "low power usage" on the iPhone. I find that the 4 radios can kill the battery big time. Phone, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS.

The "Fetch New Data" settings could cause more hits... depending on the behavior of Exchange and MobileMe push.

I find that a reset will sometimes help... when it's behaving unusually hungry.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner