New: Anyone happy w/iPhone camera?

newtotipb

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I've had my iPhone for less than 1 month and love it. But the camera (on mine) is horrible. I didn't expect too much but I've yet to take a decent picture. Is anyone getting decent pics from their phone?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm not happy with it, but I knew I wouldn't be when deciding to buy. Like Bad Ash said, it isn't horrible, but I think everyone would have liked a better one.

charliej66

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
It's just fine for anything I will ever use it for. It actually takes some pretty decent pictures in the right conditions. But for me, of all the features on a phone, the camera is the least important.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
What kind of camera do people expect in a device as thin as the iPhone, given circa 2006 design schematics?

Better quality camera + more options at that time = incredibly thick Nokia N95 with 5 min. of battery life.

It's a zero sum gain. The more you want in one area, the less you'll get in another.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't say "happy", but satisfied.

I didn't buy the iPhone for a camera, so I am not looking for some monster camera.

What I would have liked to see was a little bit more of the software side - some filters, multi-shot, timer, etc.

Chris

newtotipb

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
AZMERF.
Surely those weren't all taken with your iPhone were they? I guess this is why I posted the question. I know it's only a 2 mp camera in a small phone. My images have been so poor that I wanted to know if something was possibly wrong with it. And if those images are from your iPhone, something is wrong with mine.

I don't use it much and I'm into photography with a lot of more expensive camera equipment for that. But occasionally it is convenient to snap a pic of something with the phone. I just haven't been able to effective do that. In fact, I've taken better images with 1.3mp cams in other phones.

Anyway, just curious and I think I got my answer. I'm loving everything else about the iPhone, though.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
AZMERF.
Surely those weren't all taken with your iPhone were they? I guess this is why I posted the question. I know it's only a 2 mp camera in a small phone. My images have been so poor that I wanted to know if something was possibly wrong with it. And if those images are from your iPhone, something is wrong with mine.

There might be. All the ones I've taken in the last couple of weeks are with the phone (if you're really curious you can click on one of the pictures and look for the tag "AirMe" which will list all the ones I've taken with the iPhone).

I am really disappointed with the quality especially in the dark areas or with shadows. Big however, is the ability to immediately send it to Flickr. There is an application called AirMe which you can set up to upload everytime you take a picture. I love that aspect of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2