Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Cracked or not cracked...

55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not cracked...

50 90.91%
  • Cracked...

5 9.09%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

Never go in for repairs of service for any reason without first backing up your content. This applies to both iPhones and their computers. Don't want to have your HDD wiped cause your home button or f key need replacing
    iPhone Intermediate

195 Posts
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Default Iphone 3G casing cracks

I have a friend whose Iphone 3G cracked at the corner. She always keeps it in a case. Apple gave her a new one and told her this has been an issue with the new 3G phones. She asked why they did not keep the original silver casing but they told her it was a 3G issue with over heating.

Have any of you experienced cracking with your 3G phones on the back plastic shell? I just got mine last week and have it in a hard case to protect it. Hope to avoid the CRACKs.
    iPhone Newbie

25 Posts

I have got a white back 16gb 3g. I have a crack at the base coming from the dock connector. I am thinking that maybe I am being too rough when I dock/undock on my universal dock sitting on my desk. Reading this thread, maybe next time I am by the apple store I will see if they will swap out.

Mine is always in a case when not in my hands or docked.

Thanks - mark
    iPhone Newbie

16 Posts

im glad i dont have any cracks
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Cracks on my iPhone

i dropped my phone off a bridge and the screen did not crack... of course, it was protected with a tempered glass screen protector...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234