Copy music TO Computer?

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Copy music TO Computer? updated w/ answers!

Hello friends!

I am writing you on my brand new Macbook PRO, which coincidentally happens to be my first Mac ever, so I'm pretty pleased so far. One reason I purchased this new comp is that my old lappy (HP) does not start up any more, so inherently i needed to have a working computer. So, I was able to sync my iPhone to my MBP but it only copied music i have paid for....

How do I copy the unpaid music from my iPhone to my new computer? in iTunes, there is an option to sync purchases and to authorize a new computer, which i have done, but i have not been able to sync the regular old music.. as a result i only have about 60 songs on my computer!!

Can anyone please help? I'm not interested in jailbreaking, i'm trying to keep everything as legal as possible at this point. Thank you so much in advance, and i'm happy to answer any questions regarding the MBP... Thanks!

Last edited:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't believe you can copy music from an iPhone to iTunes, because Big Media wouldn't let Apple do that (they believe we're all criminals, and think an iPod is a way for us to steal 16GB to 120GB of their music/movies).

So, you can copy FROM iTunes to as many iPods/iPhones as you like, but not the other way around.

You will need a different program to pull the music off. I've never used this, but I've seen it recommended often, and it's free (though, of course, donate if you like it):

Senuti - Download

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
I use Senuti all the time and it's rock solid. The newer versions support iPhones and iPod Touches. Just get it - it's great.

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Perfect!

Thank you so much for your suggestion! Senuti (iTunes backwards) works absolutely perfect! You've saved me such a headache, you have no idea.

It was quick and painless and now i have all my music on my new computer!

Thanks again, pat yourself on your back you deserve it! :p

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I use Senuti all the time and it's rock solid. The newer versions support iPhones and iPod Touches. Just get it - it's great.

Oh great, the last time I tried to use it , it didn't recognize my iPhone/iPod Touch. Glad they updated it. I was using PodWorks for the mean time, only because I found a crack.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711