Calendar color question

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I had to reformat my computer this weekend and had to reinstall iTunes and Outlook. I resynced my phone to Outlook and put my calendar and contact info back on Outlook. It worked fine (unlike when I first got the phone) but there is one catch. On my phone there are now two calendars. "Outlook calendar" and "Calendar". I think what happened is the data from my iPhone created a new calendar in Outlook. I tried to delete the empty calendar from Outlook but it wouldn't let me (delete calendar option was whited out). So now I have two calendars on my iPhone which isnt that big a deal except the calendar with data is RED! I like the idea of color coding my calendars but it is not a deal breaker. After the Mobile Me debacle I had I was content just to use the blueish grey default that was on the phone. Is there a way to merge the calendar in outlook with data with the default calendar (no data) in outlook so I can have one calendar on the iPhone? If not, is there a way to change the calendar color to a different one that's not RED? It looks like every appointment I have is an emergency or something haha!

I'm using:
Outlook 2007
The newest vers. of iTunes

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Cherryhead

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Tried to choose calendar in iTunes

I tried to just sync one calendar in iTunes but when I check the calendar with data it doesnt allow me to just sync that calendar. It automatically checks both boxes for both calendars. I tried just to sync the calendar with no data and it automatically checks the sync all calendar option.

Hey, I'm trying! :)

Once again any help is appreciated.

Cherryhead

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Fixed it

Sorry but I got it fixed. Pretty simple actually. I spent most of the night trying to get everything back up and running on my computer and the answer was uber simple. I guess I was just tired and lazy to find the answer.

Thanks again.

Cherryhead

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Can you get ical on a pc? Not like it matters because with exchange everything is outlook. Unless one can sync outlook with ical just like outlook and google calendar.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
It auto assigns the colors in order from red to purple. I have submitted feedback to apple on this because itvid really annoying. I hope they create a fix to manually assign colors.

zosomagnus#IM

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me or is the light blue calendar color hard to read? The white text gets washed out against the light blue background. I'm syncing two calendar categories and the main one always goes back to the light blue which is extremely annoying.

Justina

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
How?

Sorry but I got it fixed. Pretty simple actually. I spent most of the night trying to get everything back up and running on my computer and the answer was uber simple. I guess I was just tired and lazy to find the answer.

Thanks again.

Cherryhead

I have the same issue, how did you fix yours?

Thanks

J

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711