So, Will the Economy Effect Your iPhone Usage?

What, if any, cutbacks will the economy make on your iPhone?

• Reducing Voice Plan?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reducing Data Plan?

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Buying Less Music?

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Buying Less TV/Movies?

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Buying Fewer Apps?

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Buying Fewer Cases?

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Buying Fewer Blue Tooth Items?

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Not Upgrading to 3G?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still Spending Huge, Baby?!

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Other? (Please specify with reply)

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'll probably cut down on the accessories. Mind you, I've already got everything I need. Fortunately, I've got an unlimited data plan with O2 although I did have to stop and think about which voice/SMS plan I wanted. Given there was a ?5 difference between about 75 minutes and 600 minutes it wasn't much of a contest. I have started to think about whether or not I really need to buy certain apps and my music buying has really reduced since last year.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I don't have a case, and I already have all the accessories I want. I am set with my music and everything else too. I have a great deal with AT&T on my plan so I'm not cutting down on anything.

ihateallex

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll try

The economy isn't good and just knowing how bad it could get makes me want to start saving more. When I save more, I have less money for non-necessities, like crap for my iPhone.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I am already at the cheapest voice plan, data plan, and messaging plan, so I can't really reduce.

It would be NICE if AT&T did something like folded 200 minutes into the data plan, or gave us cheaper options, but I am not holding my breath.

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
There is nothing you can cut with $69.99 plan. I think the economy will affect people's decision on whether to buy an iphone or regular phone that you can get for free and without having to sign up a data plan.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Nope, not really.

Us UK guys get a fantastic deals from O2,

I plumped for the ?45 per month tarrif which hits me up with,

1. The iPhone 3G for free.
2. 1200 free mins anytime and to any network.
3. 500 free txt messages,
4. Unlimited free 3G/Edge internet access. (worth noting the 3G networks in the UK are mature, coverage is very high, its rare I don't have 3G unless im really out in the sticks)
5. Free unmetered access to BT Openzone and the cloud wifi hotspots in the UK (This equates to about 7500 free hotspots).

My bills so far have never been over ?45. I feel I've got a great deal and won't downgrade my tariff.

The only thing that has changed is my music purchasing - Only the odd song here and there - not bought an album in ages.

D

AZBear#CB

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I have the least expensive voice/data plan so i cannot cut back. I was buying some TV shows but I will be cutting back on that.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
My bill has been steadily increasing since I first got the phone. Not becuAae of data charges, but the insane number of text messages I've been using. I had to increase from the 200 texts at $5 to 1500 texts at $15, because when you send 400 texts more than your plan allows, that's an extra $40. I didn't know I was using it that much.

So, the economy is inversely affecting me.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I've started to tighten my belt when it comes to new apps. Now, I look through the lists of apps with reduced prices for ones that are either free or really reduced in price. I have one app that I would really like, but it's rather expensive so I'm not in a position to buy it at the moment. The advantage is, I've become much more discerning and my more recent purchases have been really useful rather than just something I'm slightly curious about.

USCGMK

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
my spending is staying the same. i never paid for music or movies in the first place. i dont wanna downgrade my rate plan either.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Any plans to cut back on the iPhone given the current economic conditions?

Heck I already saved 225$ buy sending my Treo Pro back to Palm and getting the iphone.

I have no plans to cut back. The only thing I could cut back on is data and what would that do for me???? I'd save 15 bucks a month if I gave up something that means so much to me------> Internet radio!!!! I cant go without NPR!

1) I do not eat out.
2) I do not buy new clothes.
3) I do not live in a big house.
4) I do not drive a nice car.
5) I never, never, never take a vacation or a day off work.

So please, please, please let me stay tuned in to the voices of the world!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2