• Never?

Votes: 96 38.6%
  • Hey, Apple, more options!?

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I can just see it now.. losing it.. or downright getting it stolen and someone posting on my facebook, twitter.. (like that one woman's story)or worst emailing all my business clients with photos..of.. :eek::eek::p ...nevermind.

juls1585

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
its always locked unless i am directly using it. im always worried ill lose it and someone will have all my contacts. the only time i dont have it with me is when im at work randomly running around the office building.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I try to use passcode, but after about 2 days, I get irritated w/ entering a passcode.

I do, however, reactivate that feature if I'm going to a bar or a crowded place, just in case. If I'm at home or just with a few friends, I don't typically bother.

I DO want Apple to implement something to where people can not just switch the find my iPhone feature off.

That should require a passcode for sure. Preferably longer than 4 numbers. If someone knows about that feature, it's useless and they'll just turn it right off. I want to be able to prevent them from doing that without having a passcode on the device. You should need to type in a passcode to be able to turn it off at all.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
This may belong in the Help subforum, but since we are discussing Passcode ...

My company requires me to use a strong passcode (max reset time 1 hr). The problem is that when an incoming call comes in, I have to enter the passcode to access the numeric phone keypad.

This is especially a problem for using Google Voice, where one has to select 1 or 2 upfront to accept or reject calls. I run out of time sometimes, like when I'm driving, to do this and the call goes to Voicemail.

Any hints on how to get to the phone numeric pad quickly on incoming phone calls?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I choose not to complicate things. I use passcode lock immediately. And when a call comes in I just swipe to answer or I push on my Bluetooth button to answer. Don't want to mess with other apps that aren't that easy as was pointed out a few posts up with google voice.

Razelus

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Always lock because of text conversations or media that I don't want family members to see should they decide to pick up my phone and try to access it

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Lock after 5 mins for me. If I'm in the middle of a text/IM conversation it's nice not have have to enter the code each time, but also I don't like to leave baby too long insecure!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
...........I DO want Apple to implement something to where people can not just switch the find my iPhone feature off.

That should require a passcode for sure. Preferably longer than 4 numbers.
One cannot know whether four digits is long enough without knowing how many trials are allowed. I allow ten trials but have never needed more than three myself. Four digits, ten thousand options, and ten trials, means that a finder has a one in a thousand chance of guessing the passcode. By reducing the number of trials to two, I reduce his odds to one in five thousand.

Note that even if one were to lock oneself out all together, the penalty is to reset to factory settings and restore from iTunes. The finder can reset to factory settings, and then what?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox