Contacts

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
So I use thunderbird for my email client but since I have office 2007 Enterprise edition on my laptop that I got from someone I decided to give outook a gander and see what its like. Since I have no contacts on outlook I decided to sync my phones contacts without look. Well imagine my surprise when all my contacts where wiped out! I guess zero contacts on outlook means zero on your phone. Boy I almost had a heart attack until I remembered to restore from back up and that worked! How do I copy my contacts from phone into outlook?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Is this settings in the toolbar or something because i have not seen this option. Perhaps I missed it somewhere.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't have my phone next to me but you will only see the option when your phone is connected to your computer. It's in the sync menu. Along with options to sync your bookmarks, calendar, etc...

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Is this where you click the info tab and when you scroll down to advance where they have contacts and if you click it, it will replace info on the phone. So if left unchecked it will just sync to outlook?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ok, here you go. I use mobile me so I can't show you exactly but you can see where to go to get to your contact syncing.

Last edited:

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Thats where I was in...that info tab. If you scroll down you will see advance, maybe you won't since you use mobileme? But it shows "replace info on this phone" with contacts. So if I leave that unchecked and sync contacts my info wll stay on the phone and outlook will change? Thats what I think...I will give it a try. By the way I love mobileme email fast as hell! I just don't use the other parts since my google calender is synced on exchange for free so no waiting 15mins or manually syncing. I just want push!!! Oh ya on a off topic in case you did not know, AOL just announced push for the blackberry. Since then I have been annoying them to allow push for the iphone. Thanks for your help you rock.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Thats where I was in...that info tab. If you scroll down you will see advance, maybe you won't since you use mobileme? But it shows "replace info on this phone" with contacts. So if I leave that unchecked and sync contacts my info wll stay on the phone and outlook will change? Thats what I think...I will give it a try. By the way I love mobileme email fast as hell! I just don't use the other parts since my google calender is synced on exchange for free so no waiting 15mins or manually syncing. I just want push!!! Oh ya on a off topic in case you did not know, AOL just announced push for the blackberry. Since then I have been annoying them to allow push for the iphone. Thanks for your help you rock.

Ok, just making sure. That's weird, AOL has always pushed to my dad's BB. He's had his for about a year now. :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner