Safari timing out

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Lately i've started getting alot of server time outs while in safari. The page starts to load and then just hangs... after a while, the spinning indicator stops and I get a message saying safari can't connect. A switch to airplane mode and back usually will allows connects again but it doesn't last.

I'm on 2.1 3G and have done resets, restores, and clean restores. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
This happens to me sometimes when I am in the middle of downloading a web page and the network is trying to switch between 3G and EDGE at the same time. I think it's just the wrong timing.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
@rijc99,

Are you on AT&T? Which area? mikecc could be on to something with the network, especially if the AIrplane Mode is effecting it, as that basically forces a re-connection to the 3G system.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
AT&T in North Orange County CA. Not just in one place. I've tested it while stationary in a full 3G area. The site that this happens to the most recently is Google reader.

I think you guys are right in that a forced reconnection seems to solve the problem. It's just weird because this just started happening not too long ago.

Last edited:

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
Open one page at a time might help reduce the frequency of time out. Another thing with switching on/off airplane mode - 5 bar 3G after switch it off from on, then I tap on the app store and try to download Moto Chaser, guess what, it turn to 5 bar EDGE :mad:. I am in NY/NJ area. Well, I am sitting in a cube and my iphone is next to my computer screen - I don't know if that affects the reception.