More push email questions

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ok I am really starting to get annoyed here. I have aol, have used it for 14 years or so. Aol obviously does not have push. I am now stuck on what to do, should I just ditch the old email address and sign up for mobileme and pay the price? I am on day 3 of a 60 day trial and I am impresses with how fast the emails come in. My emails on aol are not fetching correctly ever since the last update. I don't know how to get aol forwarded to mobileme it seems that aol has no options on that and the option on mobileme is for pop accounts and aol is imap. I hate pop accounts but yahoo is push and pop. I know I could forward aol to yahoo and use the from part and reply using aol but like I said its a moot point since aol can't seem to be forwarded. Also I love the imap because it marks all message in my thunderbird as read or even deletes them when I view them on the phone and vice versa. I have looked into mobileme alternatives and have not found much yet, they are hard to find. Emoze sucks. Also I have my calendar pushed to me using google calendar and neuvasync which works awesome so my question is can mobileme sycn google calendar? I am just fed up with no push. Sorry for the long rant.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You could always sign up for a free Yahoo account and then forward your AOL email to the Yahoo. Which pushes to the iPhone.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
You could always sign up for a free Yahoo account and then forward your AOL email to the Yahoo. Which pushes to the iPhone.
That's just the problem it does not seem that aol allows forwarding on their options. Also yahoo is pop3 which I don't like I like imap. Seems like I am out if options no?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's just the problem it does not seem that aol allows forwarding on their options. Also yahoo is pop3 which I don't like I like imap. Seems like I am out if options no?

Yahoo on the iPhone is IMAP. It pushes as well. As far as AOL and forwarding, I'm not sure. Have not used AOL in years. I'd look into that or simply make the email change to Yahoo or MobileMe. With MobileMe you do get more than a email for the price. I have it and enjoy it. Even if it has had some issues.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yahoo on the iPhone is IMAP. It pushes as well. As far as AOL and forwarding, I'm not sure. Have not used AOL in years. I'd look into that or simply make the email change to Yahoo or MobileMe. With MobileMe you do get more than a email for the price. I have it and enjoy it. Even if it has had some issues.

I did not know yahoo was IMAP on here because I use thunderbird on the pc. I will look into that tonight! That is if I can get aol forwarded. I got the premium yahoo right now. Will mobileme calendar sync with google cal?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I want to say there are ways to sync your google calendar. I know goosync will do that for you, but I am on a Mac. Not sure if you can use that on a PC.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Looks like I got more work to do. I can still keep my current calender set up but to pay 99 a year for just email seems high. If I go the exchange route can I keep my current email?

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well I played around some more and yahoo is just not going to work for me. I am pulling my hair out right now. I love the email part of mobileme its fast and all and works perfect with my email client. Just love neuvasync for my calendar so mobileme does not help there and my contact are all on my phone and my email client so unless I use the me.com web browser then I won't have any contacts and I am scared to sync them only to lose anything. I don't know anything about the idisk, I uploaded my resume to it but its not on the phone. So I guess the only thing I like about it is the email. But 99 a year for just email? Wish they would offer options so people could choose what features they want since I don't see a use for the other parts of mobileme. If anyone else has suggestions or anything even those exchange hosting accounts let me know cause if I can use my aol for the exchange and google calendar I will gladly do so! I am so lost!:confused:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73