TiPb AT WORK Contest: Vote For Your Favorite IM App... And Win!

Which Instant Messengers Do You Want to See Reviewed App vs. App?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
All play and no work makes TiPb? pretty happy really. But with the GRAND PRIX done and the great prizes won, it?s time for us to get back to business, and that means a new contest with even more App Store apps, more TiPb reviews, and more ways for you ? our readers ? to win? AT WORK!

Once a week for the next few weeks we?re going to review 2 business/productivity Apps head-to-head and app-vs-app. But here?s the twist: there are so many Apps, we can?t decide which ones to review. So the TiPb iPhone Forum will decide for us!

Every Thursday we?ll be posting a poll up in the forums containing the candidates for review. You vote on your favorites and we?ll review the top two. Voting closes on Saturday, and we review on Wednesday. Based on our review scores, we?re going to pick the winner of the head-to-head? and TWO of you, are going to win that app! (Technically: an iTunes App Store gift certificate in the amount of the winning productivity app).

TWO of you? Yup, each week, one TiPb iPhone Forum member who votes (or posts on the thread) and one blog reader who leaves a comment on the review will EACH win a copy of the winning App!

We'll announce the Forum winner next week when you we launch the next poll. (First winner announced on second poll, second winner on third poll, etc.) So make sure you hit them all!

One more thing: TiPb reserves the right to throw a final twist in at the end.

Contest details can be found on the blog.

So what are you waiting for? Get voting!

wil_himura

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Hello!! Already voted, Palringo owns :p Btw I would like to ask how do we get our prizes in case we won the last GRAND PRIX :p Thank you in advance!

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I voted for Palringo. So far (out of the free IM's) it is the best for me. It allows you to stay online for 10 minutes or so after you close out the program. I'd like to see it compared to BeeJive but I don't have the extra $ to buy it.

Honestly though you should've waited until push notification was released to do an IM review. How the app works with push functionality will be the real test. :)

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Im not sure how the others work. But i enjoy the fact that atleast the AIM messenger has the convo recorded. So i can look back on what i've written in the past. Reminds me of when i used to use ICQ back in the day simply for the im recording log. Regardless, i still seem to use sms more than im apps due to the constraint of not many of my friends use these actively. Do carrier pigeons count towards IM's?

neggei

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Beehive is great my wife has it i dont yet and she loves it ive been using her phone on and off. Easy to use interface. as long as you can get past the 15.99 price on that bad boy. lol
just waiting to get paid to pick that up my self sometime soon

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I voted for IM + All-in-one messenger but I would like to see it compared to BeeJive...

or how about Cerulean Studio's Trillian Astra in the somewhat near future?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Thanks everyone for voting. Casey's now on the review, and we'll have our first winner posted here -- and another chance to win on the blogs (and here for the next app vs. app!) on Wednesday!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox