Is the iPhone your only mobile device?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I use it for most everything it can do, but the camera just isn't ready for prime time yet. It is great to snap a quick picture when you wouldn't be expecting to. It is decent if you are outside, at a normal distance from the object you are shooting and there is decent lighting, but it def. not ready to replace a regular camera at this point in time.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
For day-to-day I carry just my iPhone 3G.

For long business trips (coast-to-coast flights) I also carry ... my deactivated original iPhone! Why? Because I like to rent and watch movies on the flights and I can easily watch 2 movies while crossing the U.S. and the 3G's battery is less than stellar and the screen isn't quite as good (reduced viewing angle). Now that my original iPhone has GSM/EDGE turned off, its battery life is even better. Anyway, it allows me to watch movies, play games, read eBooks, and listen to music for 8 hours+ and still arrive with my 3G close to fully charged.

I have a number of iPods, a couple WM phones, and some older WM PDAs, but I never take them anywhere any more.

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
rocking treo 750 and iphone 3g. this is because the treo is mostly for work but i love buttons and how it gets work done. little things like task reminders that pop up with the ability to snooze make my day with the treo.

RobeJazz

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
I use the same sim. Just swap it between phones. I just put myself on the normal PDA plan.

I would like to do this as well. How do I do it. Which phone gets the main number and sim card that I want to use?

I would like to get the Fuze and switch back and forth for variety - Can you walk me through it? The Store Reps say data will not work if I try.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I would like to do this as well. How do I do it. Which phone gets the main number and sim card that I want to use?

I would like to get the Fuze and switch back and forth for variety - Can you walk me through it? The Store Reps say data will not work if I try.

Don't even bother to tell the reps what you want to do. Simply upgrade to the Fuze or other phone, get on the unlimited PDA plan and whatever messaging plan you wish. When that's done you are free to move the sim back and forth. The only thing that will not work on the iPhone 3g is visual voicemail. Your voicemail will work just like every other phone. That is it.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
I carry my iPhone 3g and a BB 8310-
I don't think I'm gonna give up my bb it's just more conveniant at times

3gmacattack

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
umm yes it's my only phone there is nothing else I would want my hands to hold and I think they would agree that the iPhone 3g Is by far the best mobile device out there.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well I bought the Blackberry Bold on Saturday and sold my iPhone on Sunday night for $300. Basically $100 profit. I was always a Blackberry user, but had both a Curve and iPhone. But once I got the Bold it fulfilled all my needs as far as mobile phones are concerned. Couldn't stand to sell my iPhone but I'm a Blackberry guy at heart and the little quirks of the iPhone just amount to too much for me to just keep the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73