Apple's website, they promote the Enterprise/Exchange calendar
feature by showing a screenshot of the calendar?and the entries are
color coated.

Why? Lol...is it me? My calendar entries from Exchange only show up
as one color?"grayish". I guess this isn't too bad, because coming
from my BlackBerry?it didn't color coat anything?but I was really
looking forward to this feature?

The only thing I can possibly think of?is that the Exchange color
coated calendars is only a Exchange 2007 feature. (BOOO!)

Thanks in advance!

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I also use Exchange 2003 and I also color code my calendar. From what I can gather the color you've seen on there website are if you use MobileMe. This is just a guess, I have no proof otherwise. Maybe someone who uses MobileMe can confirm or deny.

Hermdog

amazzajr

Sep 26, 2008
www.techdifferent.com
it's getting to look more and more like this feature is only available through the MobileMe calendar...

With that said...why the hell are the calendars color coated on the MS exchange portion of the iphone 3g website!?!?!?

I'll see if i can look into it a little more...

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
it's getting to look more and more like this feature is only available through the MobileMe calendar...

With that said...why the hell are the calendars color coated on the MS exchange portion of the iphone 3g website!?!?!?

I'll see if i can look into it a little more...

You are correct. It is in color on there website. I can make my an appointment in color on the desktop client but it doesn't appear in color on the iPhone. I'm running Exchange 2003, so maybe it's something in Exchange 2007. Anyone running Exchange 2007?
enterprise_hero20080711.jpg

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
Calendar colors do not reflect the colors in a single calendar in exchange.
For colors you see on those pictures, each color represents a different calendar.

In Exchange, select File>New>Calendar. It will create a secondary, third, fourth, etc. calendar. If you select "folder list" from the navigation pane, you'll see the additional folders nested inside the main calendar folder.
OutlookMultiCalendar.png

Those are then picked up by the iPhone exchange sync and show up as different calendars, each with a different color. The main calendar is always red, 2nd is yellow, 3rd blue, etc. You can't chose the colors.
img0019xp2.png
IMG_0016.png

IMG_0018.png
img0017wn5.png

The same exact thing for contacts. The iPhone doesn't understand contact categories. It just knows multiple contact folders. I guess I don't have a screen shot of that handy. :)

amazzajr

Sep 26, 2008
www.techdifferent.com
you guys are going to love this....

SO...i would like my calendars color coated on my iphone...

I read Taylor's post, and I conclude that he's a CHAMP..which he is...

I go into Outlook and start to separate my ONE calendar into many:

Calendar
School
Personal

I get done...check my iPhone...and BOOM! There's everything color coated and it looks so beautiful...i want to pat myself on the back and go out for a drink...

AND THEN

I go back into Outlook...I'm in the "mail section"...and in Outlook 2007, there's a wonderful addition called the "to do bar"....

WELL....

it turns out that the FREAKIN "to do bar" only displays the appointments from the MAIN outlook calendar!!!!! WHY? I DONT KNOW.

So...I got over this whole calendar color crap real quick...put everything back into the main calendar and I'm now looking at gray appointments on my phone...

Unbelievable...

Jason15

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Calendar Colors

Just one comment. As you can add national holidays to your outlook calendar, I found it useful to set up a separate calendar called National Holidays and I transferred all the national holiday appointments to that calendar. While holidays are of course very important :) it's less necessary for them to flow into your to-do/tasks list. You can keep all your specific appointments/meetings in your main calendar which does flow into your tasks list. By doing this all the national holidays are shown as a separate color to your other appointments when pushed to your iphone which is helpful when reviewing your appointment list on the phone.

Anyway thought this my be helpful to others.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl