What do you want to see in firmware 2.2?

What feature would you like to see MOST in 2.2?

• MMS

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Copy and paste

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Turn by turn directions in GPS

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Push notifications

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Landscape mode for email/sms

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What features would you like Apple to include in it's next firmware update?

MMS?

Turn by turn GPS?

Push notifications?

Copy and Paste?

Just to name a few... :)

If you can think of something else you'd like me to add to the poll just let me know!

Last edited:

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I voted push but I know its only for apps not email cause I would love push with AOL. With that in mind MMS is a must for me. I just voted push since most of us thoght push was coming with 2.1.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Unified inbox is top of my list. I have like 5 accounts set up on my iPhone, and tapping in and out of all of them is too many taps.

Today screen would be nifty.

Ability to get refund on crApps would be nice. :)

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Shame you could only vote for 1 in the end, it had to be copy/paste for me as it's getting frustrating not being able to use that. I'd also go for landscape across the board and push notifications the rest I could take or leave, mind you, it would be good to see all of those features. The one thing that's not on the list is Flash - I know Apple have said it's a size issue but, again, it's frustrating to not be able to view certain video on my iPhone.

Oh yes, I'd also like to be able to delete some of the native apps. I never use stocks, contacts just doubles what's in the phone anyway and I've got a much better weather app than the native one yet I can't delete those to make room for more useful apps.

Please Apple Father Christmas, I've been fairly good this year, can you please put these under the tree for me? :D

kwatro

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
More Bluetooth options

My car has built in Bluetooth support with steering wheel controls. When a phone pairs with the car it uploads contact records into the car to enable dialing via the steering wheel. My old Treo 680 uploaded only the "Favorites". The iPhone uploads all 3000 contacts (most are from our corporate install of MS CRM). This renders "dial by steering wheel" useless.

I'd like to see the iPhone give users control over which contacts are fed to the BT unit.

alexkim

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Am I alone in using the iPhone as a wake up alarm clock? I've been patiently waiting for the ability to wake up to an iTunes album or playlist rather than a ringtone/sound effect. Not a big deal I guess, but it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Aug 15, 2002
www.newstooth.com
I am not sure that this will come in 2.2, but I do believe that an "officially sanctioned" GPS app is in the works. Case in point:

1) Isn't it wierd that Apple's SDK specifically prohibits anybody from making the one app that would really showcase the 2nd biggest new feature of the 3G?
2) There seems to be a "cooling off" between Google, with Google Maps and Apple. For the first time, a new feature (street view) hits Java phones before the iPhone.

Of course, the iPhone would make a rather interesting platform, based on the fact that it is a connected device. Real-time traffic data could be downloaded (or even shared). Imagine every iPhone user out there updating a traffic database everyday.

I don't think that this is an "if" rather than a "when". I believe this is probably the next "Oh, one more thing" type of deals.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Of course, the iPhone would make a rather interesting platform, based on the fact that it is a connected device. Real-time traffic data could be downloaded (or even shared). Imagine every iPhone user out there updating a traffic database everyday.

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I've got an app called Traffic UK which is a pretty accurate traffic data app. I did hear something about Tomtom bringing out a possible sat nav app after 2.1 but nothing seems to have happened yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73