Votes: 37 30.8%
  • 4 or more... I'm hardcore...

Votes: 67 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Currently 4 is the magic number! Wish apple would let us use folders like the jailbreak app that's out!

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I had 5. But recently scaled it back to 4. First two are serious, then games, then mindless stuff I hardly use, like the StunOMatic app, and level etc.

clayrussell

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I am up to 8 pages. However, I do have about 50 games that I don't store on my iPhone because I just don't have the room. I try to keep just a page or two for the games I am currently playing.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
4 Full pages, I can't say I use all of them on a daily basis, hell there are a couple I rarely use, but when I need them, I need them, so they stay.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
I have 5 pages. The first 2 are the heavy use apps, the others are pretty randomly spread out. I often debate doing a total reorganize but at this point my mind is so programmed to where all the apps I use the most are that I think organizing them any other way would be counterproductive. I did however go through a few days ago and clean out all the useless apps that I couldn't remember the last time I had used.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Managing my app pages is an ever evolving process for me. Right now I have 7 pages, not all are full.

I have my "main pages" that are apps I use frequently then others for games or categories I just make up myself.

Page
1. Home screen, all apps I use many times a day.
2. Home screen 2, more apps I use often. Settings is also here so people checking out my iPhone are less tempted to go into them.
3. Half page of utility type apps.
4. Half page of entertainment, iFart, iChuck, Magic8ball, LOLCats, etc.
5. Games
6. More games.
7. Apps I'm evaluating or maybe waiting for an update to see if they get better due to issues.

I'd like some better management options. I also have a ton of apps and games I do not have on the iPhone in iTunes. I've been meaning to do some house cleaning lately.

And yes, I am totally addicted to the app store. Every DAY I am in the app store just browsing looking at new stuff and what not. It is seriously like crack, I just cannot get enough; ever. Is there an Application Annonomus anyone knows about?

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I have 6 pages.

The first page has the iPhone built in apps.

The second page has the utilities I use the most.

The third and fourth pages have games I like to play.

The fifth page is for my daughter - the games and apps she likes.

The sixth page has apps that I am reviewing or plan to review soon.

ptb6744#IM

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have 4 complete pages of apps right now. The first page is how it comes out of the box sans the clock (which is on the last page now) and 3 apps that I use the most. The 2nd page is news/sports apps, and 3rd and 4th pages are little used apps but still used.

I have had 5 pages at one point but deleted some because I never used them at all.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Does anybody have less than 4 anymore?

iPhone%20page%201.jpg

My first page has, of course, all of the essentials (not including stocks and youtube but definitely including the remote and yellow pages apps).

iPhone%20page%202.jpg

Page 2 is for bills. I have been through more than twice as many apps as you see here (especially pricey budget apps; the one I stuck with and find most useful, mint.com, is of course free).

iPhone%20page%203.jpg

Page 3 is for social networking, including email and (brand new to me) Twitter.

iPhone%20page%204.jpg

Page 4 is for reading and includes eReader, Kindle for iPhone, and the Bible and Constitution.

(continued next post...)

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
iPhone%20page%205.jpg

Page 5 is for health. I have a ton of gym apps (and I've actually weeded out some) but I can't decide on which is most useful, especially since they keep updating all the time. Maybe it would be easier to decide if I ever actually set foot in a gym!

iPhone%20page%206.jpg

Page 6 is for games. Kids who use my phone could care less about any other page, but for me it's page 6.

iPhone%20page%207.jpg

Entertainment lives on page 7.

iPhone%20page%208.jpg

And my page 8 has the apps that I rarely use, but still don't want to delete (or can't, in the case of contacts).

I'd definitely appreciate folders or categories or whatever Apple wants to call it, if they offer that with the 3.0 software release.

Last edited:

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
WOW! Is 8 the limit? With my old Storm the more crap you had on the desktop the worse the memory leak and slower it ran :rolleyes: Yet another reason to love the iPhone.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
3 screens (I mistakenly voted 2, so change it if you can) :p

I keep the first screen exactly as it came from Apple (with Beejive added), and my next two pages are all business apps, a couple social network apps, and web links. I probably use the Apple apps the most.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
:eek: I had one, but I found myself always using the bookmark in Safari whenever I wanted to access the page, so I wiped the shortcut off when I went through my spring cleaning phase (I have more than twice as many apps stored in iTunes that I deleted than I have on my iPhone! :rolleyes: ).

aej2422

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I have 7 pages packed with apps..... keeping them organized is an extreme hassle, especially when you want to put an app on the first or second page and then you have to correct the resulting mess on each successive page... :-(

hopefully there is a folder/categorization correction to this mess soon, the home page is my *LEAST* favorite part of the iPhone interface.