edge users

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Are you getting just random bar drops on your iphone? From no service to full bars, etc..i can just pick up my phone from the table and i'll never know what i'll get in terms of full bars or no service. I've missed calls, some calls don't go through or its bad quality..static. This wasn't a problem before 2.1. I've turned off 3g when in edge thinking that might help..nope.

I live in edge, work in 3g area. 3g is fine. Great. Dandy. Wifi is fine. Edge in my house is a pain moreso since 2.1. I'd kill (lol..) for voip or a sprint airwave type of device at home. I know..i know...i could move..easy solution..lol

I see a drive to the sprint store in October in my future. I'm not totally happy yet. Or at least happy enough to be paying 60 extra per month and be missing some basic features as well as more advanced ones and sprint's much faster network on the HTC Touch Pro.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I've found the number of bars to be far more settled since 2.1 before the update the number of bars would jump around even with the phone sat on my desk. Now, it's on 5 most of the time with the occasional drop which I guess is expected.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I've had that happen after having my phone sit for awhile then unlock it. I think it's just the phone refreshing the signal from the last position it was in.