Weblinks to app store post 2.1?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That's odd. iTunes opens for me and brings me right to the app in the app store. Post the link and I'll try it out.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
It looks like 2.1 killed the ability for the phone app store to be opened via a weblink. I used to be able to go directly from reader to the app.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It looks like 2.1 killed the ability for the phone app store to be opened via a weblink. I used to be able to go directly from reader to the app.

I don't know what I was thinking.... I was really tired last night.... this does still work... Sorry. :eek:

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Guess it's time for a restore then. I don't remember having to restore my Mogul or Touch this many times. I can't wait for the Touch HD.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Just did a restore and trying to link to the app store from the iPhone safari is still giving me a address is invalid error. Bad Ash, did you have to make any changes on your settings?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Just did a restore and trying to link to the app store from the iPhone safari is still giving me a address is invalid error. Bad Ash, did you have to make any changes on your settings?

Not a single change has been made. Are you trying one app in particular?

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I just did a full restore and elected to setup my phone as a new phone... same error when hitting a phobos link from the phone brower. I guess I can now rule my backup out. So, I guess the next thing will be to re-download 2.1.

Bad, from your phone, can you google "flutter iphone" and try to the link to app store and see if connects you? I'm almost at the point of throwing my phone out the window.

*I don't understand how even with factory firmware with no apps or settings, my phone can be so different.:mad:

*Edit 2* Sorry, forgot to thank you for all you've done to help. Thank you. :)

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just did a full restore and elected to setup my phone as a new phone... same error when hitting a phobos link from the phone brower. I guess I can now rule my backup out. So, I guess the next thing will be to re-download 2.1.

Bad, from your phone, can you google "flutter iphone" and try to the link to app store and see if connects you? I'm almost at the point of throwing my phone out the window.

*I don't understand how even with factory firmware with no apps or settings, my phone can be so different.:mad:

If I go to their website, it does not work. If I go into the App store and email the link to myself and try going to it, it does work. Go figure... ;)

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
If I go to their website, it does not work. If I go into the App store and email the link to myself and try going to it, it does work. Go figure... ;)

Ok, so I'm not crazy. :eek: I subscribe to pinch media's RSS feed on recently updated and new apps. In their feed it supplies the links that will open the app store on the phone. Prior to 2.1, those links worked but now they just give me invalid address errors.

I guess I'm going to give up on this and wait for 2.1.1.

Thanks again for all you've done... both here and in the forum in general.

BTW. Restores are not any faster for me. It still takes about 4 hours which is amazing considering no media or apps are backed up plus I use Exchange.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR