Exchange Email Options

gymnofrool

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi! Dissatisfied with mobile me I began searching for other services with similar features. I thought we could collect some services users can recommend.

I'm currently using (and staying there, works great): interways.net

They have all mm features for pushing things, and it's really fast and works!
Any ideas on that or other suggestions?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
My company runs Exchange, and I have MobileMe for personal use, and I'm finding both rather awesome at the moment (though Exchange is a mess on the admin side -- no idea how monstrous MobileMe must be over on Apple's end).

I originally kept wishing for Gmail Push, but Gmail has decided to hate me lately, so now I'm not sure what a useful alternative would be...

BB Connect for iPhone? Er... pro'lly not... :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My company runs Exchange, and I have MobileMe for personal use, and I'm finding both rather awesome at the moment (though Exchange is a mess on the admin side -- no idea how monstrous MobileMe must be over on Apple's end).

I originally kept wishing for Gmail Push, but Gmail has decided to hate me lately, so now I'm not sure what a useful alternative would be...

BB Connect for iPhone? Er... pro'lly not... :)

MobileMe has gotten better since the big mess I had with it after the 2.1 upgrade.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It's much more than just getting email though...

Exactly... It's push not only for MobileMe email, but contacts and calendars. It even allows photo syncing. I can send it up to my MobileMe account and delete. I understand there may be several programs out that can do it, but MobileMe is all-in-one.

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Exactly... It's push not only for MobileMe email, but contacts and calendars. It even allows photo syncing. I can send it up to my MobileMe account and delete. I understand there may be several programs out that can do it, but MobileMe is all-in-one.

Hey Jayden,
I understand that people use Mobile Me for much more than email, but i don't need all of the extras that are included. I have no additional folders and no contacts in my outlook, all of my contacts are stored on my phone, for my business I have roughly only 15-20 solid contacts and they hardly change if they do at all. I am always on the go and I just need the ability to get emails on my phone so I can respond instead of powering up my laptop. I still use my BB as of right now but trying to get the resolved. The biggest move to the IPhone is the ability to use the PDF viewer in a larger screen and it has been well worth it so far.

GO WHITE SOX, SORRY TWINS FANS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hey Jayden,
I understand that people use Mobile Me for much more than email, but i don't need all of the extras that are included. I have no additional folders and no contacts in my outlook, all of my contacts are stored on my phone, for my business I have roughly only 15-20 solid contacts and they hardly change if they do at all. I am always on the go and I just need the ability to get emails on my phone so I can respond instead of powering up my laptop. I still use my BB as of right now but trying to get the resolved. The biggest move to the IPhone is the ability to use the PDF viewer in a larger screen and it has been well worth it so far.

GO WHITE SOX, SORRY TWINS FANS, MAYBE NEXT YEAR!!

Alright, another Sox fan... :D

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well I am using nuevasync (spelled right?) for google calendar, it pushes and changes made on either the phone or my email client calendar instantly and its free. It uses an exchange server I believe. They are currently working on the email side right now. Once released I can finally get push email.

I was looking at that interways.net and it sounds really cool and they say you can use your old email address which is awesome but its more like a forwarding kind of thing not using your true address.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just moved over from MobileMe to Sherweb/Exchange, best thing I could have ever done. Everything works flawlessly. The main reason for the switch was I picked up a Treo Pro and MobileMe was not playing nice with it. But all is well now.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I just moved over from MobileMe to Sherweb/Exchange, best thing I could have ever done. Everything works flawlessly. The main reason for the switch was I picked up a Treo Pro and MobileMe was not playing nice with it. But all is well now.

I have been looking into that! I asked if google calender can be used since mine is on exchanged and synced with thunderbird! They said google calendar can't be used. What do you use for calendar and what is your email domain? I might have to change to this if I can get it to work on thunderbird. Seriously. Have been thinking of this just need dome more answers.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Bad ash!!! I am really looking into this. I have been for a week, just need more answers. Its sounds awesome. So are your calendars synced instantly with the PC and phone? What is your new domain name now? I wonder what the @whatever.com name is. I might have to take advantage of the enterprise service since AOL is way to controlling and won't offer up serivce.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Bad ash!!! I am really looking into this. I have been for a week, just need more answers. Its sounds awesome. So are your calendars synced instantly with the PC and phone? What is your new domain name now? I wonder what the @whatever.com name is. I might have to take advantage of the enterprise service since AOL is way to controlling and won't offer up serivce.

Calendars, Contacts, etc... are synced instantly with my Mac, iPhone, and Treo Pro. I actually bought my own domain, it's 15 bucks for a full year. (Keep in mind you do NOT have to buy your own domain, I just chose to do so.) Plus the 8 bucks a month for the exchange. Check out www.Sherweb.com, all the information you need is right there.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I just have a problem. I am trying to sign up for it right now and when I clicj the register domain I can't find one domain! They are all taken!!! I am trying but its hard as hell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW