Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Apps not loading

Anyone else having this same issue? It just started recently... Mainly with AIM, then all of the sudden 80% of all my apps will load for a split second, then just shoot back to the home screen.

I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, doesn't work. I've also done a restore... still no luck.

I don't know what else to do, but it's driving me nuts that I can't use all my friggin' apps, any advice?
    iPhone Nanite

I had the same problem yesterday, but I fixed it right away. I read on some forum that if you simply delete the last app you added to your phone (cuz that may be what caused the problem) and load a new free app or update a free app (I did the latter), the problem will go away. Some people said the problem came back after a few hours or less, but everything is working fine on my iPhone now. I am also hoping that the 2.1 update will stop this from ever happening again. Good luck!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by shazam View Post
    Anyone else having this same issue? It just started recently... Mainly with AIM, then all of the sudden 80% of all my apps will load for a split second, then just shoot back to the home screen.

I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, doesn't work. I've also done a restore... still no luck.

I don't know what else to do, but it's driving me nuts that I can't use all my friggin' apps, any advice?
    Update your firmware to 2.1 and iTunes to ver. 8

If you still have issues after upgrading then make sure your phone has been backed up, and then restore...should be all gravy after that.
    iPhone Nanite

I have a simliar problem to with apps not loading
    iPhone Nanite

I have just updated my firmware to 2.1 and all my apps are closing after about 2 seconds...Argg this is annoying me
    iPhone Nanite

Hey, Like i said i had the problem.I just restored it and it is working perfect i done it via itunes
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,374 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have this occasionally, especially with apps installed directly on the iPhone (rather than side-loaded via iTunes). Often, a power cycling will correct it. Otherwise I delete the App and reinstall it via iTunes.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Sorted... maybe

I was having this problem on a regular basis, usually after synching my phone. I run Vista, this problem does not seem to affect those running Macs.

I seem to have solved it by not synching the apps (in iTunes with your iPhone plugged in go to Applications and untick the "Sync Applications" tick box). Since I have started doing this, my apps are fine.

The only issue is that you need to plug in the iPhone in order to access the synching interfaces which might mean one more uninstall and reinstall of your apps.

Hope this might sort it for some.
    iPhone Nanite

Exclamation My Ipod Touch

I just got a new iPod touch yesterday for Christmas. And I was at a different house where I bought a few apps from my step moms credit card and when I got home the apps would not load. I resynced it and everything but I can't play any apps unless they came with my itouch. If you have any suggestions I can try to use without having to delete everything that's semi simple...that would be great. (:
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Apps not loading

I don't know why but when I download an app on my iPad mini

Global Posts
    22,451 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by gingerlongnose View Post
    I don't know why but when I download an app on my iPad mini

Care to finish your thought?
    iMore Nanite

Go to settings, AppStore, hit the auto download app. That should fix the problem.
    iMore Nanite

Same thing to me but it won't start loading and the app says unable to download at this time