Does iPhone Increase Browsing ? - Better Believe It!

ramrahulrohan

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
Several surveys have revealed that iPhone users spend a lot of time surfing the Internet. Late last year, when Net Applications came out with its quarterly browser market share report, people immediately latched on to the fact that the iPhone, which at that time was in the market for a full 5 months, had a browser market share that was 33% greater than that of Windows Mobile devices. This was obviously an amazing statistic at that point in time - in under two quarters, Apple?s handheld platform had passed Microsoft?s over a decade-old mobile platform in terms of browser use. The amazement was further amplified when you consider that iPhone was selling in only one geography (AT&T) while over 20 million Windows Mobile platforms were in circulation. It?s not just just Windows Mobile that was getting killed by iPhone. S60/Symbian - the browser in Nokia?s N-Series platforms among others? About 1/10th.

Read the blog entry for the numbers - they are quite amazing!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Being a former WinMo user, the experience is heads and shoulder better. I find myself browsing more on my iPhone due to Safari being a better browser than PIE. I used more data with WinMo, simpley because I had programs that download on an hourly basis (weather, RSS feeds, etc), but the experience is much better in Safari.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is funny because I find myself almost using my phone for browsing, email, and music than I do my laptop.

I'm a college student and so I'm always "on-the-go" and I usually only need to take out the laptop when I'm doing homework or writing a paper.

iPhone, to me, is major step forward in technology.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro