IM on a black berry is so easy...

new to iphone

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
so I am considering purchasing an i phone but most of my friends are all bb users... my husband also has a bb .. we use the IM feature all the time with other bb users.... how do you do this with an i phone...?? I want to be able to IM everyone I know with a bb......thanks

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you are referring to BB messenger I'm sorry to say you are out of luck. I don't think there is any other app out there that allows you to use BB messenger. They'd have to be using AIM or Yahoo, etc...

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
You can always TXT them... you don't have the limited number of characters like you do on the BB... the iPhone's threaded txt may appeal to you

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
thanks yes thats what I was talking about ---ok but can I use yahoo messenger and then IM my bb buddies??? will iphone let me download yahoo

You can get Yahoo instant messengers yes. But the BB user also needs to have one as well as the BB messenger does not do Yahoo.

dcharles

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
As a former BB user, I previously used the google talk app all of the time, it is one of the biggest things I miss. I know the iPhone has a google talk web app, but you have to keep it open in order for it to function, as soon as you go back to the home screen or switch apps, it closes. I really hope Apple gives us background notification in 2.1.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo messenger and aim work great on the iPhone. Also there's also other all inclusive messenger apps such as beejive and im+ that work great too. I transitioned from a blackberry to an iPhone and I'm glad I did. 

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Or you could get the FREE WhatsApp Messenger which allows free texting between iPhone users, but you better hurry. The devs said they might start charging for it soon.

I have it and it works great. Also in the future I think they said the Blackberry and iPhone versions will communicate together.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes they did, and it does work great!

The question with WhatsApp is how to add contacts when you don't have their number or email. For instance, how would I add you, ctt?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes they did, and it does work great!

The question with WhatsApp is how to add contacts when you don't have their number or email. For instance, how would I add you, ctt?

I think the only way is to ask someone for their cell phone number and then add it to that contact. So far, WhatsApp doesn't use a PIN like bbm does, but I guess that would be the same thing?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Every now and then an app strikes me as being gold, and I have to spread the word. First it was SimplyTweet, then it was Words With Friends (thanks to Corrina) and now it's WhatsApp Messenger.

This should be a standard app on the iPhone, like the way Flurry is standard in the screen savers now.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That was one of the hardest things to give up with my BB was the messenger. But now I just text a lot more than use BB messenger. I wish that there was a live messenger, but alas no for the iPhone. I have seen the other IM applications but it isn't a push notification. Unless the application is on, your status will be considered off-line.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73