Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default What's average battery time?

I'm very new to IPhone - I'm just an occasional texter, chk email only a few times a wk, talk time averages about 50hrs/mo, use Ipod aprox 1-2hrs daily. How often should I need to charge my phone? Any way to check if my IPhone is draining battery because it may be defective?
    I can't seem to use the phone without my face pressing one of the buttons - last call kept going "Mute" - so I had to put it on speaker. What am I doing wrong? I thought I knew how to hold a phone.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Hello and welcome to the forums! Please take a moment to check out the following links. They will help find your answer as well as other common questions you may or may not have.

The iPhone Blog Forums - Search Results

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/apple...8-17-08-a.html
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Battery time seems way too short

I did read your link, and the manual, and the additional battery information page and everything seems to indicate approx 5hrs talk time, and 12 days standby time. My phone is getting about 3hrs talk time and 2-3 days standby (and that's with NO IPOD PLAY TIME) So, do you think there's something wrong with my phone or is this normal?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

It generally depends on many factors. Your signal strength, if you have options on such as BT and WiFi on, etc... Also have to take into consideration if you are playing games, screen brightness, etc... So that all being said, if you are being casual with it and depending on the above that very well may be normal. If you don't browse the internet often try turning 3g off for a day and see if your results get better.