What's average battery time?

dbldee7

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm very new to IPhone - I'm just an occasional texter, chk email only a few times a wk, talk time averages about 50hrs/mo, use Ipod aprox 1-2hrs daily. How often should I need to charge my phone? Any way to check if my IPhone is draining battery because it may be defective?
I can't seem to use the phone without my face pressing one of the buttons - last call kept going "Mute" - so I had to put it on speaker. What am I doing wrong? I thought I knew how to hold a phone.

dbldee7

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Battery time seems way too short

I did read your link, and the manual, and the additional battery information page and everything seems to indicate approx 5hrs talk time, and 12 days standby time. My phone is getting about 3hrs talk time and 2-3 days standby (and that's with NO IPOD PLAY TIME) So, do you think there's something wrong with my phone or is this normal?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It generally depends on many factors. Your signal strength, if you have options on such as BT and WiFi on, etc... Also have to take into consideration if you are playing games, screen brightness, etc... So that all being said, if you are being casual with it and depending on the above that very well may be normal. If you don't browse the internet often try turning 3g off for a day and see if your results get better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro