Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Arrow Apple being sued over defective 3g

iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Ya there is 5 pages of rants on this over at the icafe. In fact the whole 3G section is basically nothing my complaints.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,581 Global Posts

this is one of the worst phones I have ever owned.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Definitely worst PHONE I have ever owned. BUT best electronic device. I am sure this will change soon.. right???
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Screen is awesome for gaming and internet but reminds me of my experiences with the Mogul... crashes and hang ups due to low memory. I hope software can fix the 3g problem since I have experienced the dropped calls and no service/call failed on my phone.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Honestly, i think people are generally stupid. The iphone isn't a mature device and they have to understand the big leap taken with 3g, apps, and gps..not to mention mobileme and push services.

If there wasn't any bugs, i would've been more shocked. But go to any other phone and find the perfect one and you won't.

The best that can be said is that apple is coming out with "updates" quickly and that they recognize the problems even if they hesitate to communicate them. There's really not much to be gained from them being upfront anyways as they'd get slammed for that too as much as being silent about it.

Iphone owners are now playing in the world of smartphones. These kind of bugs have plagued other smartphones for years. You live with em til updated and remember the positives. This phone is the best i've used...ever. I'm not giving it back
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

I agree. Maybe I'm just lucky but overall I've been very happy with my iPhone's performance. I don't need/use 3G that much, the phone part of it has been as good as any other cellular telephone I've owned. It truly represents the beginning of a "mobile information device" for me. Real world example from last week. GF and I are standing in the kitchen. She asks when the water bill is due and starts to write a note to herself to transfer money from her individual checking account to the joint checking account at work the next day. Meanwhile, I whip out my iPhone, look up the bill, tell her it's due 9/4 and transfer money via BOA's mobile app to the joint account in just about the same amount of time. Waking up in the morning, I can see all my email (work and personal), identify anything that needs to be addressed immediately, check the weather, my stocks and browse the news & sports scores in about 5 minutes or less. This is all before I even crawl out of bed and go get a cup of coffee. Yes, it has issues and Apple released a flawed product too early but I still love mine and am not giving it back!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts

I love mine, issues and all. Every phone has issues. I haven't had a horrible experience like some other people. The only problem I have is contact lag. I'm sure the issues wont last forever. This is still one the best devices I've ever owned.