Should I wait ?

cronz

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Im going to bootcamp in about a week and was thinking of getting the iPhone 3G before i go. I currently have the Older Model (16GB) but wanted to know if there is anyway that another iPhone 3G version will be released within 3 months? like maybe a size upgrade or anything? i know its hard to tell but i was wondering if anyone had an almost POSITIVE answer haha.

I want to get it now so that way i have it once im out and so that im 3months into my contract already (since i have to start another 2year)

and yes im eligible

wcarr3

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I would say that it VERY unlikely that they will be coming out with another one within the next 3 month, Maybe within the next year of so, but not likely 3 months. They still gotta solve all the problems with the current iteration of this iPhone first. :)

On a different note, why are you getting the iPhone right before you go to bootcamp. What if after your done with bootcamp and your schooling, you get shipped overseas somewhere afterwards, where the iPhone can not be used? Maybe this isn't the case for you. Just wandering.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't even think you can bring a phone to bootcamp.... maybe I'm wrong but a buddy of mine left for the Marines not too long ago and could not bring a cell phone.

cronz

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
No you cant bring your phone to bootcamp they have it in a locker for you the whole 3months but the thing is ill have it already once im out and ill also be 3months into my new contract

And im not going to be sent over seas for some time as my training is long after bootcamp.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No you cant bring your phone to bootcamp they have it in a locker for you the whole 3months but the thing is ill have it already once im out and ill also be 3months into my new contract

And im not going to be sent over seas for some time as my training is long after bootcamp.

You'll also be paying $100 bucks or more a month for nothing. If that does not bother you, go for it.

wcarr3

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site

If bootcamp (Navy bootcamp in Orlando 1990) is anything like it was when I went through, they take everything from you when you get there. Everything you came there with (including the clothes you wore there) they make you to mail everything back home. You are pretty much issued everything you need once you get there. I just don't even see how they will allow you to keep an iPhone is a locker there somewhere, unless things have drastically changed nowadays.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Even if they let you keep it, you wouldn't want to be worrying about it. Heck, the drill sgts would have a field day with you. It's not summer camp. You want to have a low profile and just get through it. (89-92 in army)

You should wait because 3 months is really insignificant. It doesn't cost that much to break a contract. I'm not sure why people obsess with it.

Last edited:

cronz

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
well i got it and its with my fam now till i get back. and i wont be taking it and also no i wont be paying for it while im in so thats not a prob. Also i wanted the 3g real bad because it qualifies for the military discount.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods