What's going on here?

ahr8tch

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
When I connect my 3G phone (2.0.1) to my WinXP SP3 laptop, the laptop recognizes that a device has been attached but the connection keeps breaking.

I set Roxio as the app for my iphone camera. The laptop opens Roxio and even gets the thumbnails of the photos on the iphone but the transfer won't proceed because I keep getting an error message that says that the camera connection was broken.

I checked CP and there were no cameras or scanners showing so I added a camera and named it iPhone but that had no effect. Do I need to download a driver to the laptop for the iPhone? If so, where do I find it. Googling has not turned up anything yet.

Is this one of those bugs I've been hearing so much about?

OBTW, I can't download music either because the PC seems to think that there's only a camera connected. (see other thread I posted on how to download my tunes)

???????????????????????

ahr8tch

Aug 11, 2008
Visit site
Bad form, I know, but I fixed it!

I had the iPhone USB cable connected to a 4-port hub on my laptop. Apparently that was hosing up the connection signal. A laptop cooler is sucking power from one of the USB ports and my wireless mouse dongle is in another one. When I switched the iPhone USB to the other laptop USB port instead of through the hub, all connection problems went away.

Got the music downloaded, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices