Old iPod Style controls

mcswan

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
** Didn't mean to post in the other thread, and can't find the delete button! **

Does anybody else miss the iPod style controls on the iPhone?

The wheel is sorely missed by me!! The *tiny tiny* scroll bar that is not the least bit sensitive bugs me. It skips considerable batches of time on the longer duration songs. I miss the precise control of spinning the wheel to get me to exactly 45:08 for example.

The iPhone forgets entirely where you were if you navigate away from the iPod for any significant amount of time. I could turn my iPod OFF and it would remember exactly where I was.

The title of the songs no longer scroll so that you can read the entire name. If I subscribe to a podcast and have 20 mp3's where the first 20 or 30 characters of each and every mp3 is IDENTICAL, I'm screwed because it won't remember where I was and I have to navigate manually. And really, who sits here and stares at their mp3 progress during play and then *remembers* the time stamp you were at?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a option somewhere I'm missing? Is there somebody developing an app that would make the iPhone act like an iPod when you're listening to music? Does anybody know if Apple is planning on at least giving us a choice of interfaces?

Or am I a lone voice lost in the wilderness?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
** Didn't mean to post in the other thread, and can't find the delete button! **

Does anybody else miss the iPod style controls on the iPhone?

The wheel is sorely missed by me!! The *tiny tiny* scroll bar that is not the least bit sensitive bugs me. It skips considerable batches of time on the longer duration songs. I miss the precise control of spinning the wheel to get me to exactly 45:08 for example.

The iPhone forgets entirely where you were if you navigate away from the iPod for any significant amount of time. I could turn my iPod OFF and it would remember exactly where I was.

The title of the songs no longer scroll so that you can read the entire name. If I subscribe to a podcast and have 20 mp3's where the first 20 or 30 characters of each and every mp3 is IDENTICAL, I'm screwed because it won't remember where I was and I have to navigate manually. And really, who sits here and stares at their mp3 progress during play and then *remembers* the time stamp you were at?

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a option somewhere I'm missing? Is there somebody developing an app that would make the iPhone act like an iPod when you're listening to music? Does anybody know if Apple is planning on at least giving us a choice of interfaces?

Or am I a lone voice lost in the wilderness?

Nope your not alone, I feel your pain. Maybe a stylus could help in this department. There are times, when I'm watching a movie, I want to scroll to a specific part to show a friend and I can't get it precisely where I want it so we watch a good 2 mins. before the good part.

So definately a stylus, or if Apple included themes where you get to change font size/style and button sizes. That would be cool =)

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Nope your not alone, I feel your pain. Maybe a stylus could help in this department. There are times, when I'm watching a movie, I want to scroll to a specific part to show a friend and I can't get it precisely where I want it so we watch a good 2 mins. before the good part.

So definately a stylus, or if Apple included themes where you get to change font size/style and button sizes. That would be cool =)

About the Pogo Stylus
;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner