Colorware now available for the 3g but...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
ColorWare - iPhone™

I saw this on the blog page a few days back but...
One thing that made me wonder was this in their FAQ:
Question: If I want a new color in a year, can I have the color changed?
Answer: No. The ColorWare coloring is a one-time permanent process.

Why would this be a one-time permanent process? Anybody want to explain that one?

***Ok, nevermind, it's a coating they put on the phone... that's no good. Would be cool if you could change colors.

Last edited:

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
ColorWare - iPhone™

I saw this on the blog page a few days back but...
One thing that made me wonder was this in their FAQ:
Question: If I want a new color in a year, can I have the color changed?
Answer: No. The ColorWare coloring is a one-time permanent process.

Why would this be a one-time permanent process? Anybody want to explain that one?

***Ok, nevermind, it's a coating they put on the phone... that's no good. Would be cool if you could change colors.

Ya I if I would have read that on the FAQ's I would have been thinking the same thing too. Are you thinking about getting yours done Ash?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ya I if I would have read that on the FAQ's I would have been thinking the same thing too. Are you thinking about getting yours done Ash?

No chance, I like the white. And if my chrome bezel gets scratched up then I will just do the brushed chrome trick... But I take real good care of my things so I doubt I will have to.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually going to get mine done,

Heres my confusion however, I've read on several sites that have links and even someone who posted an UNBOXING of his, that said he bought it BRAND new from the place.
however when you go to the site it says Send in only.

I dont really want to send mine in and be without a phone for 4 + weeks.... =(

About the subject of changing colors.... wont we have new iPhones in a year anyways??? =)

iPhone 3rd gen FTW!

Yeah i think im going to change mine =)

Orange and Blue.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
No chance, I like the white. And if my chrome bezel gets scratched up then I will just do the brushed chrome trick... But I take real good care of my things so I doubt I will have to.

Ya me too I take good care of my things. I saw Colorware's site just to see if they do the front. Would be a great option for those who have the white and want the front to match the back. I think they don't offer it because it could damage the ear piece. What do you think?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site

Heres my confusion however, I've read on several sites that have links and even someone who posted an UNBOXING of his, that said he bought it BRAND new from the place.

About the subject of changing colors.... wont we have new iPhones in a year anyways??? =)

iPhone 3rd gen FTW!

Orange and Blue.

Ya that's what I hated about cell phone customization sites, being without a phone for a long time. Did you see the iPhone 3G's on Colorware's home screen. I love the color schemes that they chose. It's tempting me to get mine done.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

iPhone 3rd gen FTW!

Orange and Blue.

True, but make sure you like it. Cause there is no going back... I'd be afraid of getting it and being stuck with a phone I don't like the look of.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
There's a website ill try to find it. but a guy showed an unboxing of his from the factory, he said it's everything he thought it would be and more! =)

He said the coating is better.! :p

I guess it would be worth the risk!

cholguin

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
i would love if they coated it in a rubberized coating. kinda like the side rails of the bb curve. not sure why more phones aren't coated in this kind of stuff. less slippery without the bulk of a case or skin.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
i would love if they coated it in a rubberized coating. kinda like the side rails of the bb curve. not sure why more phones aren't coated in this kind of stuff. less slippery without the bulk of a case or skin.

Ya that would be really nice. Something grippy. I remember using the first gen without a case and it would slip out of my hands very easily.