Breaking: iPhone 2.01

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Done!
Contacts now seems smoother. Flipping through home screens also seems MUCH snappier and quicker. That's all I've noticed so far after playing with it for a few minutes.

Apparently the backup is much quicker as well and no pauses while typing things.

Last edited:

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I have a VZW aircard, and I was finished the whole process in less than two hours
and i have about 3 pages of apps on my phone. So probably 1:45 to download, and 15 minutes to install. It was done much faster than i was led to beleive by all the complaining i'd heard.

All the menus seem snappier, especially switching pages. Contact lag seems reduced, but still there. I also beleive the keyboard lag is gone, but that wasnt' a problem for me before anyway.

They still haven't fixed the lag when you rotate from landscape to portrait in Safari, that's a pretty obvious problem in my opinion.

I'm glad Apple is commited to keeping their products updated though

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
It took me 3 hours last night! However I never backed up the phone so thats probably why. It does feel snappier.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Yep - same here. Did it last night. Didn't take that long but then again, I'm blasting over Verizon FIOS so it was done in 45 minutes or so. Phone does seem much more responsive so I'm happy that gripe is solved apparently. I also ran it completely down to a 100% dead battery this morning and then recharged to 100% full so we'll see if there is any impact on battery life and/or better meter reporting. I had never run the thing down to completely dead previously and suspect that the meter whines about being down to 20% way too early - it did that with the alarm at 06:00 this morning. I supressed my instinct to go charge right then and just used it as usual until about 11:25 when it finally threw up the "no, I'm serious - charge me icons" on the screen and then shut down a minute or so later. Anyway - I got a heck of a lot more use out of it than I was expecting from the initial 20% warning to completely out of Schlitz.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Backups still take long time. Seems a little shorter but may be due to the fact I've started the process of weeding out apps that I think are cool but in reality will probably never use. I have noticed that it doesn't always require a backup when I make changes in iTunes now. Still has the occasional app crash. Scrolling through pictures seems smoother.

Fixed a couple of minor niggles but overall still waiting for 2.1.

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
what theheck? The app store says my password is wrong and it's defintely not! What do I do? Has anyone been experiencing problems after upgrading?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Well, with the dawn of 2.01 my GPS has gotten a little creepier... I mean better. NOT that I ever had a problem with it AT ALL before.

Here's what I mean:

I live in the world's smallest house (okay.. it seems like that but it is probably 850 sq feet???) and when I put the Google maps on "Hybrid" (where you see a satellite image of your location and street names) the blue dot is on the exact part of the house I am in. I walk from one tiny room to the other... guess what.. it follows me. Walk outside... there the blue dot goes. The GPS, at least for me, is spot on. I would say within a foot or less. There have been a couple times where the blue dot has not followed me from one room to the other or outside right away. I found if I stand in that location for a couple of seconds the blue dot will move to the room I am in. I attribute this to my house not getting the best reception in certain areas (sometimes just a bar) and that is when the GPS needs a few seconds to catch up.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Well, with the dawn of 2.01 my GPS has gotten a little creepier... I mean better. NOT that I ever had a problem with it AT ALL before.

Here's what I mean:

I live in the world's smallest house (okay.. it seems like that but it is probably 850 sq feet???) and when I put the Google maps on "Hybrid" (where you see a satellite image of your location and street names) the blue dot is on the exact part of the house I am in. I walk from one tiny room to the other... guess what.. it follows me. Walk outside... there the blue dot goes. The GPS, at least for me, is spot on. I would say within a foot or less. There have been a couple times where the blue dot has not followed me from one room to the other or outside right away. I found if I stand in that location for a couple of seconds the blue dot will move to the room I am in. I attribute this to my house not getting the best reception in certain areas (sometimes just a bar) and that is when the GPS needs a few seconds to catch up.

Brother in law lives in Gettysburg, PA and AT&T signal is really excellent up there ( I know - why?). With my Curve, I fired up Google Maps just to see how good the GPS was on that unit. I could watch myself move down the kitchen towards his front porch and sure enough, when I stepped outside, I didn't see myself. :p But it is accurate (on the Curve at least) to where you're within 1 meter's accuracy. Which is amazing for a cell phone. Previous job was with Uncle Sam (US Navy Retired) and our stuff back in '89 wasn't that good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner