Passcode, timer? im confused

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Set how long before your passcode is required: Choose General > Passcode Lock >
Require Passcode, then select how long iPhone can be idle before you need to enter a
passcode to unlock it.

this comes from the iphone user guide... i have the passcode set, but it allows a time before its requried? this confuses me... im having problems wrapping my head around this one... maybe someone could help me on this...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, all that is if you set it at 4 hours and don't use the phone for that period of time when you turn it on you would have to enter the password. That's all.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I played around with it and it is pretty cool. I am not sure if I want it on or not. I did get an SMS not long ago and was upstairs only to find that someone else I think my sister read it and then never told me. Aside from that my phone is always with me. How many people use it?

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
It seems that my ActiveSync Exchange connection to my corp server requires a Passcode of 15 min or less. I wish I could make this longer, but I guess it is a security thing.

MS

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It seems that my ActiveSync Exchange connection to my corp server requires a Passcode of 15 min or less. I wish I could make this longer, but I guess it is a security thing.

MS

I think that duration is set by your company - people here at my office have them set for up to an hour.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I played around with it and it is pretty cool. I am not sure if I want it on or not. I did get an SMS not long ago and was upstairs only to find that someone else I think my sister read it and then never told me. Aside from that my phone is always with me. How many people use it?

The only reason I would use it is if I wanted my SMS messages not to show up on the screen when they are received. Activate it and turn off show sms preview. If this is done you will only get something like this on the screen when I SMS comes in {John Doe - Text Message} And I would set the time for the lock at 4 hours so your not constantly being bugged for a unlock code.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
so basically. If you set the timer for 4 hours. It will only ask you for the passcode after 4 hours of inactivity or every 4 hours?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner