picture text? will it be possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgewdean

Aug 1, 2008
Visit site
With possible OS upgrades, is it possible/likely to get picture text? I bought this phone Monday and did not know this phone could not text picture/video. I ASSUMED it did nearly everything.

You have got to be kidding me. The worlds leader in the multimedia experience and no picture/video text? My two year old Razr did that perfectly.

Or, should I just expect THIS version of the iPhone to NOT have this. Its a near perfect phone for me expect my wife can't easily send picture/video of my kids. I am thinking of turning it back in.

Thanks.

George

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Email Email Email

I know this is obvious, but why not send an email?

The iPhone has everything... Txt for short message services (SMS) and Email for everything else!

MMS = Dead Technology in that in the near future everyone will be able to have email on their phones...

QUESTION: What kind of phone does your wife have? If you really want to send her a pic, you might be better off emailing it, because then she can have it on the home computer as well, and you know, print it out or whatever you married folk do :)

Are you on a family plan? I know you don't want to spend the extra $$ but it's the older phones clinging onto MMS technologies that are causing problems.. who wants to spend $.25 for every message when you can email for free?

No, this new update most likely will not include MMS because it simply isn't needed.

Now, there are ways around this, such as you, with your iPhone, emailing your wife at 1231231234@vzpix.net or whatever email they have. That way you both can have your pic and send it.

good luck!

georgewdean

Aug 1, 2008
Visit site
She has a sprint phone. A cheapie but it can send picture email and video. We shoot a video of the kiddos playing or she takes a picture of my daughter in a cute dress, she takes teh pic/video and texts it to me. I can see it immediately on my phone. No going to email and downloading it.

I would be nice if she could take a picture and text it to me and when the text bubble pops up on the iphone, there is the image immediately. Thats NICE.

I was hoping this would be possible with this phone. What a drag its not already. Its making me thinking of switching to like the Tilt.

Hmmm

So, its POSSIBLE with the iphone, just not likely??

George

Status
Not open for further replies.