Did the first gen iPhone have lots of bugs like the 2.0 software?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
The other day when I went to exchange my iPhone 3G. The Apple employee and I were back and forth on how glitchy the iPhone 3G is. He wouldn't exchange my phone, he said "the iPhone isn't perfect!" He also told me that the first gen iPhone had just as much bugs as the iPhone 3G.

Did anyone here purchase the first gen right when it came out? How was it's first OS? Was it as glitchy as the new 2.0 software?

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Did anyone here purchase the first gen right when it came out? How was it's first OS? Was it as glitchy as the new 2.0 software?
There were a few oddities with the first gen iPhone too - but it was also a much more simplistic feature set by comparison. Glitchy? Seems a bit of an exaggeration to me - like it doesn't work. I would say the iPhone 3G has some oddities that should be addressed (like address book pausing), but the phone generally does what it's supposed to do when it's supposed to do it.

Meh_whatever

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yes. Yes. and Yes.

I bought my first gen phone on launch day, and so far, I've been through 4 of them.

:)

None of it was ever bad enough to make me not want to use it, but weird stuff happened to an annoying degree with my very first one.

Like, every time there'd be an update to the software, my battery would start draining down in like, 20 minutes of use.

It was horrible.

So I got another, and it would lock up when I tried to switch between calls. I could deal, as I rarely switched between calls anyway... then it had the battery issue, so I ditched it for another one.

The next one locked up between calls even more frequently than the other, but no battery issues... so I kept it until one day I dropped it and had a hairline crack in the side of the screen (not the viewable area, but still... I was worried it'd spread)... soo... I returned it to the Apple store because of the OTHER issue, and they gave me the one I have now. I got it back in March or April, I think.

So yeah... expect oddity.

But mostly, they work great. I think people expect too much of them because they really handle a great deal more than just taking calls or like, getting email and such like a Blackberry would.

I figure, the more stuff I can do with it, the more stuff that'll go wrong.

Seems par for the course.

Right now, I've yet to switch to the 3G... I'm trying to see how long I'll hold out. I predict I'll not make it to September without upgrading. ;)

But I'm tryin'. hehehe.

The 3rd party Apps right now give me the most trouble. They crash sometimes.

wcarr3

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
The 3rd party Apps right now give me the most trouble. They crash sometimes.

Which is why Apple wants to have pretty strict control with the Apps. Imagine all the issues there would be if it were a "free for all" with no control on the 3rd party apps. There has to be a method to Apple's madness (besides greed) when it come to them wanting to control the Apps. Maybe (but unlikely) when things get really stable, Apple may open things up a bit. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73