Why You like the iPhone Keyboard

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK So now that I'm sick I love the keyboard even more. I have an IV in myeft hand so to type I put my iPhone on my leg. Then type with my right hand, try that with a manual keyboard.  love the keyboard

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
ok now that i upgraded to the 3Gs, theres a hell of a difference with the keyboards and no lag whatsoever compared to the 2G...I SIMPLY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yotaman

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I can just coming from 2 treos and 3 htc phones getting used to a on screen keyboard was not easy but I like it now. BTW great forum here

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
The keyboard of iphone is just made for my fingers. I must say how I enjoy using it all the time. Typing in this keyboard is always easy and fast.

FLCracker

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Coming from a Storm it would probably be that it's multitouch and keyboard is larger and spaced better for big fingers. I can type so much faster and much more accurately.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I was actually holding off to get a BB Bold solely because I HATED the iPhone keyboard. (I am coming from a QWERTY keyboard). I went into my local Apple store and played with it several times for extended periods at a time and still couldn't bring myself to like it. However, at the time the Bold was not going to be released for awhile and I had to get a new phone immediately and I LOVED everything else about the iPhone.... just the stinkin' keyboard.

Now, however, I am a convert. I love the iPhone keyboard for several reasons.

1. My QWERTY keyboard was starting to go. The buttons would stick and some letters (particularly D and H) had to be hit several times HARD before they would respond. No problems like this for the iPhone for obvious reasons.

2. The Auto Correct on the Apple store's iPhone was a hot mess. After people using and abusing the thing it really didn't auto correct anything and would change words that I didn't want changed... it was frustrating to say the least. It is much different when it is your own phone. My slang is no longer auto corrected and everything else is. It is beautiful.

I do miss being able to look at the screen and type rather than having to stare at the keyboard... I am getting to the point where I don't have to completely stare at the keyboard as I type... rather I use my peripheral vision. Still, not quite as good as the touch-typing I had before.

The iPhone has a qwerty keyboard, too. What's your point?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone has a real keyboard. Otherwise you couldn't type on it. It just doesn't have a keyboard with push buttons. It's still a real keyboard. I wish people would make this distinction. Or is it just me?

That's like saying a hybrid car isn't a real car.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
No moving parts. I chuckle at my coworkers when they have to replace a BB because of a bad keyboard. It happens more often than you think.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone has a real keyboard. Otherwise you couldn't type on it. It just doesn't have a keyboard with push buttons. It's still a real keyboard. I wish people would make this distinction. Or is it just me?

That's like saying a hybrid car isn't a real car.

I don't consider it a real keyboard...more of a virtual keyboard, in my view. It works, but not as well as one with buttons that are tactile, IMHO.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
No moving parts. I chuckle at my coworkers when they have to replace a BB because of a bad keyboard. It happens more often than you think.

I've had 4 blackberries, and none of them have ever had a keyboard button malfunction. Since owning the iPhone for 3 weeks, I have, however noticed that I have to tap items to select or launch items several times over for it to register sometimes because it didn't register the first time. Don't get me wrong... I do really like my iPhone, but I don't think it does everything better than the BB.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't consider it a real keyboard...more of a virtual keyboard, in my view. It works, but not as well as one with buttons that are tactile, IMHO.

True, but does a button keyboard rotate to landscape? Can it change depending on the situation, say to make it easier to type an email address? The iPhone keyboard can do that. If you look, if you enter an email in a specific situation, you can hit the ".com" button.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
True, but does a button keyboard rotate to landscape? Can it change depending on the situation, say to make it easier to type an email address? The iPhone keyboard can do that. If you look, if you enter an email in a specific situation, you can hit the ".com" button.

One thing that annoys me about the iPhone keyboard switching to landscape is that the virtual keyboard, when it pops up, takes up so much real estate on the screen that you are left with such a small window to view where you want to type in stuff, so you have to end up finding a way to scroll where you want to start typing. So, no, I don't see how switching to landscape is that much of a plus for my needs. Yes, there are some nice added touches in the virtual keyboard, but my main purpose for having a keyboard is to enter text, and for me, the BB's real buttons just work better.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've had 4 blackberries, and none of them have ever had a keyboard button malfunction. Since owning the iPhone for 3 weeks, I have, however noticed that I have to tap items to select or launch items several times over for it to register sometimes because it didn't register the first time. Don't get me wrong... I do really like my iPhone, but I don't think it does everything better than the BB.

I agree with you. The BB is an enterprise level phone. It's strength lies within it's messaging capabilities. Multimedia isn't it's strength, unlike the iPhone.

There are about 20 people at my work who have had BBs and I know of at least 4 that have had keyboard failures and several others who have buttons that stick or don't work as well as they did. Buttons will wear out if they get used enough.....it's all moving parts. Maybe it's the design of the model they have.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods