Unified Calendar - Advice Needed
Hello everyone - I am about to purchase my iPhone and needed some advice on how to accomplish the holy grail for me - a unified calendar and reminder system.
Here are the machines/issues I am dealing with.
- work email: taken care of by ActiveSync
- personal domain mail: pushed to Gmail and occasionally checked on mac at home
- Gmail: regular checking, no push.
- Work: currently syncing with Gmail (contains both Work appts. and Personal ones pulled from Gmail)
- Gmail: Master shared calendar - used to show friends and family open times.
Machines and syncing:
- work: PC laptop, copy of iTunes - used for recent purchases but no sync with iPop
- home: iMac, master copy of iTunes - recent purchases get transferred here occasionally, rarely used otherwise due to work laptop for web browsing.
I want my iPhone to be constantly up to date with the latest Calendar information. I want Gmail to be the Master Calendar (unified one) but I need a copy of that calendar with me at all times even if there is no internet access. I also need to be able to make changes on my phone without internet access to the calendar and have that (eventually- like same day but not instant)) reflected across all the calendars. I also will occasionally sync my iPhone with the iMac for iTunes (maybe once every couple of weeks)
So - what do you guys suggest?