Apple's push servers

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ok everyone knows that apple is setting up for push come this fall. This will make for exciting apps and really make the AIM app rock. However let me get something straight here because I am confused on this part. In order to take advantage of this in the fall does that mean we need to have mobile me? Or do we all get the push from their new servers or whatever. :confused:

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Ok everyone knows that apple is setting up for push come this fall. This will make for exciting apps and really make the AIM app rock. However let me get something straight here because I am confused on this part. In order to take advantage of this in the fall does that mean we need to have mobile me? Or do we all get the push from their new servers or whatever. :confused:

No MobileMe. I'm unsure about the process, but it is certainly free. Either Apple or Apps will have a server that can push to the phone.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i believe they spoke about a "persistent IP connection with the phone" that being an apple server of course..

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Awesome that is good news and I can't wait! Other people were hinting at mobileme being needed so I'm glad that's not the case!