- 07-21-2008, 08:22 PM #2
- 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM #3
- 07-21-2008, 09:10 PM #4iPhone Newbie
- 40 Posts
Blackberry 8130 Pearl on Verizon. I paid $85 to cancel my contract and get iPhone. I think it was a smart move, I really like my iPhone.- RETIRED CrackBerry.com Forum Moderator with a 3G iPhone (8 GB)
Plan: 450 Anytime w/Rollover, 5000 N&W, Unlimited M2M, Unlimited Text Messages, iPhone Data
- 07-21-2008, 10:22 PM #5
- 07-21-2008, 10:45 PM #6
LG V (before it was stolen):
- MUCH faster load times (even without 3G) and full html (nearly) compared to the V
- Apps... it's an addiction now.
- The iChat styled SMS messages
- Visual Voicemail
- I get service in my home (still not 100% but better than Verizon)
- The silent/ringer toggle.. it is better than going through menus or holding down a button for a few seconds
- YouTube - sometimes you just want to laugh
- GPS and all the apps that work with it
- AMAZING calendar that syncs with Outlook which syncs with Yahoo! - Calendar so I no longer have to apologize for missing dentist appointments I made 6 months prior.
- Big, bright screen
- Much better camera than the V
- More info can be stored in contacts (address... which I always seem to forget to bring when I am mailing out a package at the post office/birthdays...which remind in calendar)
- Push/fetch email... while most of my emails are far from important.. there are a few that make the free service (obviously included in data plan.. but I'm not using MobileMe) worth it.
I am sure there is more I am happier with... can't remember all the goodness right now.
- QWERTY keyboard... but I am getting GOOD.. and missing it less every day... plus I like the virtual keyboard for scrolling/flicking through web pages and playing games and wouldn't give that up for a QWERTY again.
- Bit smaller size was easier to hold but I have adapted in a couple days
- Forwarding SMS messages
- Speed dial (although "Favorites" is a great substitute)
Last edited by h22kai; 07-21-2008 at 10:47 PM.
- 07-21-2008, 10:53 PM #7
- 07-21-2008, 11:26 PM #8
- 07-22-2008, 03:52 AM #9
- 07-22-2008, 07:40 AM #10
- 07-22-2008, 08:22 AM #11
I've had the tilt, treo 750, 8525, blackjack 1&2, and some other smartphones. I never would get spontaneous reboots, they would rarely lock up, and they were far better at PIM apps. Now, there was almost always some lag on most of my an devices except my treo which remains the most stable phone I've had. The iphone is great, but the current software is crap.
- 07-22-2008, 08:40 AM #12
- 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM #13
- 07-22-2008, 11:12 PM #14
- 07-23-2008, 06:35 AM #15
- 07-23-2008, 08:56 AM #16
- 07-23-2008, 11:33 AM #17
- 07-23-2008, 09:05 PM #18
- 07-24-2008, 06:18 PM #19
- 07-26-2008, 05:09 PM #20
- 07-26-2008, 05:23 PM #21
- 07-27-2008, 09:15 AM #22
- 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM #23
- 07-27-2008, 12:04 PM #24
Wow, I am a 1 Week 3g owner and I am going back to Treo I think. I love the interface but for people who use Smartphones as Smartphones will quickly tire of 3G's limitations. This is a rough decision for me but I am thinking of returning iphone and getting a Touch. I can't believe the number of limitations that the iphone has that I encounter several times a day.
- 07-27-2008, 01:07 PM #25
For me, as a very recent Treo user, I find that the things at which the Treo excels are the things that I need the least, and the things at which the iPhone excels are the things I find most useful for my particular needs.
But obviously, this is a YMMV situation.