What phone did you have before your iPhone?

iLynn7

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I had a Red Curve 8330 with Sprint and many phones prior to that...

So happy I came over and got an iPhone! no regrets, I miss BBM, but I have zero regrets about switching!

kpurcell

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had a Verizon XV6900 which is basically a Verizon branded HTC Touch. Before that I had a Treo 700w which I hated at the time but after using the touch for a year I liked it much more. Had a treo 600 before that. I miss my hardware keyboard, but the iphone keyboard is the best on screen keyboard between the touch and iphone.

Scott R

Oct 29, 2001
tapland.com
Got my iPhone 3GS 32GB on release day. I got an iPod Touch a few months before that so that I could try out the OS/GUI and see if I would be happy with it before switching from my low-cost Sprint SERO plan to AT&T. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, and I can't remember the exact order of some of these, but here goes...

Palm OS:
Treo 700p (Sprint)
Treo 650 (Sprint)
Treo 600 (Sprint)
Treo 300 (Sprint)
Samsung SPH-i300 (Sprint)
Kyocera 6035 (Verizon) - returned it within 30 days (color standalone Palm OS PDAs were out, so it was too hard to switch back to B&W)

Google Android:
HTC Touch (Sprint) w/Google Android build (not bad)

Windows Mobile:
HTC Touch (Sprint)
HTC Mogul (Sprint) - returned it within 30 days
HTC 6700 (Sprint) - returned it within 30 days

Symbian S60:
Nokia N-Gage (T-Mobile pay-as-you-go)

Non-smartphones:
Sony-Ericsson T608 (Sprint) - hoped to get by with tethering via Bluetooth to my Tapwave Zodiac
Motorola StarTac (Verizon)

Most of my experience has been with Palm OS. Despite trying several times, I was never happy with Windows Mobile. I liked the idea of the Danger hiptop/Sidekick, but T-Mobile service wasn't good in my area, and I didn't like the closed app situation with them, so I never tried that out. I also never tried the Blackberry.

I'll post more details about my thoughts about the Palm OS, webOS, and iPhone OS/GUI in a separate thread, but I'll just say briefly that there's a lot of usability/efficiency things I like about the classic Palm OS, but webOS is a whole new thing by a different team that wasn't really a part of the "zen of Palm" in the past. Hawkins is gone now and the new team appears to be a bunch of ex-Apple people who created the Palm pre as an iPhone-clone that tried to one-up the iPhone. It succeeds in some ways, falls short in several others, and doesn't respect the good qualities of the old Palm OS, so I look at the Palm of today as a whole new company, for better and worse.

Perhaps the biggest reason for me going with the iPhone is the wealth of apps available. It's a modern OS/GUI with a ton of apps. If Palm and Google are successful (and I hope they both are), there should be some great choices available in the next year.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
coming from mosly the t-mobile (Sharp) Sidekick LX and all previous versions (except latest LX 2009) i was loyal to t-mobile for as long as possible.

Tried these phones but took them back after being disappointed
T-mobile HTC G-1 android
Verizon Blackberry Storm
T-mobile Samsung Behold
Sprint Motorola Razor V2

And i'm loving everything about my iPhone 3 GS
-speed
-screen size
-screen clarity (graphic ability)
-stable/advanced accelerometer
-apps (addicting)
-iChat style sms
-address book options

Miss
-mms
-mass messaging ability w/ check box style
-actual sms edit, cut and paste ability by letter & word, not just entire sms message
copy

But overall I am very satisfied!

lindag8r

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Palm Treo 700 with Windows OS on AT & T. I have had my iPhone 3G S for 5 days now with no regrets. Changing info over and converting programs from Windows OS to iPhone OS has been without a single issue. I have absolutely no regrets!

jkeith133

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Before my iPhone I was a longgggg time BB user. My last was the BB 8800 but had to have half a dozen different models before that. iPhone is the way to go...IMO

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77