What phone did you have before your iPhone?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Blackberry 8830 World Edition on Verizon. So Far (1+ week later) I have not found many reasons to be sorry about choosing the iPhone. In fact, some people are quite envious of the iPhone, and may be purchasing one themselves.

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
had the blackjack II, tilt, trek 750, and curve. I miss the PIM and stability of my wm6 devices, but love the web browsing and large screen.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
LG V (before it was stolen):

Happy:
- MUCH faster load times (even without 3G) and full html (nearly) compared to the V
- Apps... it's an addiction now.
- The iChat styled SMS messages
- Visual Voicemail
- I get service in my home (still not 100% but better than Verizon)
- The silent/ringer toggle.. it is better than going through menus or holding down a button for a few seconds
- YouTube - sometimes you just want to laugh
- GPS and all the apps that work with it
- AMAZING calendar that syncs with Outlook which syncs with Yahoo! - Calendar so I no longer have to apologize for missing dentist appointments I made 6 months prior.
- Big, bright screen
- Much better camera than the V
- More info can be stored in contacts (address... which I always seem to forget to bring when I am mailing out a package at the post office/birthdays...which remind in calendar)
- Push/fetch email... while most of my emails are far from important.. there are a few that make the free service (obviously included in data plan.. but I'm not using MobileMe) worth it.

I am sure there is more I am happier with... can't remember all the goodness right now.

Miss:
- QWERTY keyboard... but I am getting GOOD.. and missing it less every day... plus I like the virtual keyboard for scrolling/flicking through web pages and playing games and wouldn't give that up for a QWERTY again.
- Bit smaller size was easier to hold but I have adapted in a couple days
- Forwarding SMS messages
- Speed dial (although "Favorites" is a great substitute)

Last edited:

Sinistar

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Well, I'm almost embarrassd to say but my last phone was a 5 year old Sanyo( scp- 4900 if I remember right). It still works fine to this day, same battery too. So I guess this considered a one hell of an upgrade LOL

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
I've had the tilt, treo 750, 8525, blackjack 1&2, and some other smartphones. I never would get spontaneous reboots, they would rarely lock up, and they were far better at PIM apps. Now, there was almost always some lag on most of my an devices except my treo which remains the most stable phone I've had. The iphone is great, but the current software is crap.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Treo 700wx and it was good..but the iPhone is great. I do miss Pocket Informant and I'm waiting for full ewallet with sync, but everything else about the iphone ROCKS. I have no regrets.

The Reptile

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
The Treo 700P now in my pocket will be my old phone tomorrow. The Black 16G 3G will be my first non-Palm OS smartphone in over 5 years. I think I'm as eager to ditch Palm as fast as I was eager to ditch a non-smartphone back then.