- 04-02-2012, 09:16 AM #951
I owned several Android devices. Most recently the Droid Bionic, which was probably Verizon's most disappointing device since the Thunderbolt. But I gave up LTE for the iPhone. Can't wait for the next iPhone because I'm 100% sure it'll have LTE
- 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM #952
- 04-02-2012, 10:32 AM #953
I have an LTE Verizon MiFi card. Rarely see 4G service. Did see it this w/e. I was trying to download a movie. Hotel WiFi was so slow that I turned on the MIFi. For perhaps the first time, I saw 4G so I switched from hotel wifi to 4G MiFi. Before the movie was downloaded, I got an e-mail from Verizon that I had exceeded my data limits. May be the most expensive movie I have ever watched. To add insult to injury, the movie was available on the hotel PPV for only $7.95.
My 3G iPhone does show 4G when it is in a 4G service area. It has done so at least enough times for me to notice but not much more.
Let's face it, guys. EDGE is good enough for most emergencies and one is not likely to want to pay for those applications, like NetFlix, wheree the speed of LTE overcomes its latency.
In large part, because of the pricing of data, LTE will never compete with WiFi. Even the carriers understand this well enough to encourage us to prefer WiFi.
Let me give you an example. I live in the Tri-state ares. In order to complete with cellular, the cable ISPs have put WiFi access points in all of the populated areas, in villages and along thoroughfares. Use of this wireless is free to their subscribers. It is so much faster, cheaper, and unlimited that it overcomes the slight coverage advantage of cellular. It works so well that AT&T and Verizon are offering free WiFi to their subscribers, though their WiFi coverage is not, does not have to be, as good as the WiFi coverage of the cable companies.
WiFi is the future of data. While I will certainly buy an LTE iPhone when Apple tells me to, I am much more interested in a phone that swaps seamlessly between WiFi and cellular for both voice and data. Can everyone say "Skype?"
- 04-02-2012, 01:50 PM #954
- 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM #955
- 04-05-2012, 01:39 PM #956
- 07-30-2012, 01:55 AM #957
- 07-30-2012, 06:30 AM #958
- 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM #959
The Samsung Galaxy S II. Pure garbage.
1. Bluetooth never connected
2. Screen looked like a TV with the hue turned all the way up
3. Any non-Google email account only synced about 50% of the time
4. Battery cover popped-off way too easily
I could go on and on.
- 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM #960
- 07-31-2012, 01:03 AM #961
Before scaling up from the OG iPhone to the 4 I have now in less than 2 years time, I used to have mainly Nextel/Boost phones ie i730, i860, i850, i875 and a BlackBerry 8350i converted into a BoostBerry. Aside from the iPhone, I think the best phone I ever has was the Nextel Motorola i730. It handled a beating, loud speakerphone thanks to Direct Connect, and customizable Wallpaper and ringtones.
- 07-31-2012, 03:47 AM #962iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Last edited by feond; 08-27-2012 at 02:53 AM.
- 07-31-2012, 08:48 AM #963
- 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM #964
- 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM #965
- 08-02-2012, 06:24 AM #966
- 08-03-2012, 04:24 AM #967
My first smartphone was the OG iPhone then got the 3G after that moved on to a BB Bold and finally used Android for two years now moved back to the iPhone 4. Super excited for the new iPhone can't wait for Sept. 12th!!!
Transmitted from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD
- 08-03-2012, 06:19 AM #968
- 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM #969
I switched over from a Blackberry 9650. I couldn't have made a better decision. I started with a 8330 Curve, then went to the Storm, Tour, and finally the Bold that I had last. I just grew tired of the empty promises, everyone else getting updates, always having a ******* phone no matter how new it was, and chronically slow browser.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM #970iPhone Newbie
- 33 Posts
I had a phone called the Samsung intenseity 1. Which is a old slide phone. I was so busy I wanted a smart phone so my calendar could reminde me better than anything. I also saw the notification center and reminders I just loved the iPhone. So here I am now.
Last edited by CappyGuy; 08-04-2012 at 10:10 PM.
- 08-04-2012, 09:59 PM #971
- 08-05-2012, 01:55 AM #972
- 08-05-2012, 10:03 PM #973
- 08-07-2012, 11:49 PM #974
- 08-16-2012, 10:02 AM #975