What phone did you have before your iPhone?

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
HTC Touch CDMA (Vogue) -> HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA (Rhodium) -> iPhone 4

Still "using" a Blackberry Tour 9630 (work) Funny how my battery on the Blackberry lasts so much longer when I have an iPhone 4 handy ...... :D

An72

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a very simple Nokia phone. I not so much into gadgets but when I heard about this iPhone, I got interested on it that it even took me to have one also.

JorjLim

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Funnily enough, I had a fake Chinese iPhone (A380). It had a finger print scanner, and it wasn't a very good copy. and WOW, the vibration on it was terrifying.

Before that, my last "mainstream" phone was a SE W810i

bengooch7

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Waaahh????

Well, I admit to doing "Windows." However, since Palm abandoned Palm OS in favor of Windows mobile, along with millions of others, I have abandoned Palm. After more than a year on iPhone, I no longer miss my Palm and cannot imagine what they might do to get me back.

Apple did not destroy Palm but they are putting the last nail in the coffin. Palm did not need Apple's help. However, Apple has achieved in a little more than a year what it took Palm a decade to do. I do not think that Palm can survive on WM; just to stay in business, it will have to leapfrog the iPhone.

Where are you getting your information? Palm runs webOS. It's by far the most capable OS out there (especially due to the homebrew community).

Also, I noticed someone say Palm doesn't update their OS; maybe true with PalmOS but with webOS it gets updated about every month. Each updates brings great new features to the table.

I also noticed not a single person said they switched from the Palm Pre to iPhone. I in fact switched FROM the iPhone to the Pre and it's the best switch I've ever made. I have my upgrade from sprint available to use but I'll just sit on it until Palm comes out with their next device.

One last thing, Palm is nowhere near dead, They are thriving under the wing of HP now. They were purchased in a huge bidding war (which Apple lost) due their brilliant OS.

Raise your hand if you found this post annoying. lol

By the way, Palm has a new phone (most likely) coming out before the end of the year and it is definitely something to keep an eye on.

EDIT: Sorry, There were a couple of people. One person said the couldn't get Verizon's service in his home and another said he still uses his along side his iPhone.

I only read through like 20 pages, maybe there are more.

Last edited:

sizetimetrade

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
the good choice is the ipad,.

Apple iPad Tablet MC349LL(16GB) wi-fi+3G,
why not search this model by the google, you will like to have the ipad, not the iphone, or macbook, some one must talk the real reason about reality.

chiwo

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
HTC EVO 4G

I loved that phone, and I tried to stay away from the iPhone, but I just couldn't stand the terrible battery life of the Evo anymore, and the terrible Sprint coverage in my area

Gonna miss unlimited data though :(

Last edited:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Where are you getting your information? Palm runs webOS. It's by far the most capable OS out there (especially due to the homebrew community).

Also, I noticed someone say Palm doesn't update their OS; maybe true with PalmOS but with webOS it gets updated about every month. Each updates brings great new features to the table.

I also noticed not a single person said they switched from the Palm Pre to iPhone. I in fact switched FROM the iPhone to the Pre and it's the best switch I've ever made. I have my upgrade from sprint available to use but I'll just sit on it until Palm comes out with their next device.

One last thing, Palm is nowhere near dead, They are thriving under the wing of HP now. They were purchased in a huge bidding war (which Apple lost) due their brilliant OS.

Raise your hand if you found this post annoying. lol

By the way, Palm has a new phone (most likely) coming out before the end of the year and it is definitely something to keep an eye on.

EDIT: Sorry, There were a couple of people. One person said the couldn't get Verizon's service in his home and another said he still uses his along side his iPhone.

I only read through like 20 pages, maybe there are more.

There was one Palm phone that ran WinMO back in the day, I forget which one. I think that's what op was referring to. But I agree with you about webOS. I really like it and I hope hp doesn't ruin it.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
So before I had my iPhone 4, 3GS, and 3G, I had:

HTC Mogul (PPC 6800) awesome phone to hack
Blackberry Curve 8310 (Hated this phone)
Cingular 2125
Treo 700
PPC 6600
Treo 600 (My first smartphone 2005).

I think I'm gonna stick with the iPhone for a while. If my employer didn't pay my phone bill, I'd go back to Sprint and get an EVO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2