Anyone else have a 3g that has a gap between chrome and screen?

CharlieBall

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Around/in between the edges of the chrome, and the Glass screen, by the volume switch, that there's a small opening, which allows light to escape through? I only have that little opening by the volume switch. Anyone else? It's very small, and you cam only see it in the dark.

CharlieBall

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the confirmation, i thought i had a screwed up phone. When i camped out to get the phone that friday morning, when i got in the store, and the guy started opening the box, and after (attempting to) activate it, he dropped my iphone on the table, like a 6 inch drop. And i've been worried about my phone ever since i got it lol.

trevor#IM

Jul 14, 2008
www.crackberry.com
I don't have a big gap between the chrome and the glass on mine, but that doesn't mean yours is defective. I can fit my finger nail between the chrome and glass, but no light comes through.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the confirmation, i thought i had a screwed up phone. When i camped out to get the phone that friday morning, when i got in the store, and the guy started opening the box, and after (attempting to) activate it, he dropped my iphone on the table, like a 6 inch drop. And i've been worried about my phone ever since i got it lol.

WTF??

dude you didn't have to buy it if he dropped it..

man... can't believe the store guy did that!!!!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I was looking at mine last night. With the screen on, it was reflecting off the chrome, and it looked like there was light coming through. But it was only a reflection.

Could that be what you see?

Chris

Sinistar

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I am now noticing on the top of the screen it looks like it's starting to peel off at the corners. The screen cover was torn off at purchase. I was tempted to try to peel thinking it's another cover but I have a bad feeling it might be part of the a screen. This is my first iPhone so I'm not sure . Anybody else experienced this before ?