Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aberdeen1948
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Default Can't delete pics!

The pictures that I took with my camera I can delete those. However I decided to play around with synching photos to see how it works. I accidentally synched the same photos twice. I now want to delete them and there is no trash can anywhere! There is no option to delete! What's up with that?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

u need to tap the picture one time this will bring up a bar at the bottom of the picture and there is a little trash can on the bottom right of that bar tap that and you will delete your picture.

hope this helps
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

I did that and the bar on the bottom comes up but no trash can is there.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

apparently you cannot delete sync'd photos. Same here.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

You can not delete synced photos. You have to do it on your PC/Mac. You can only delete camera roll photos from the iPhone itself.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

You guys are right! I found out how to delete from the PC. Boy to think I was freaking out like the phone broke.
    iPhone Newbie

I am having the same problem as 3guser, but haven't managed to "see" the photo folder from my PC, and therefore can't delete it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help. Too bad no trash can was included for imported pictures!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen1948 View Post
    I am having the same problem as 3guser, but haven't managed to "see" the photo folder from my PC, and therefore can't delete it.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help. Too bad no trash can was included for imported pictures!
    If it's syncing to your iPhone, connect the iPhone to your PC then go to the Photos section of iTunes to see which folders are being sync'd. You can then track it down on your PC.
    iPhone Newbie

After syncing with my computer -- Under devices (my iPhone) there is no section called photos. Under "Library" there is no such section either.

Where can I find it?
    iPhone Newbie

I just went through the itunes preferences and found no mention made of "photos" anywhere.
    iPhone Newbie

Weird. I am not sure how I did it myself, but inside itunes I found a page with tabs entitled "summary,info,ringtones,music,photos,podcasts,vide o,applications"

When you remove the marking from the folder you chose and then choose "sync" it will ask you if you want to remove the previously copied pics. Problem solved.

I documented this to save someone else from getting (more) grey hair over this issue.
    Thanked by:
    geldun (10-20-2013)
    geldun likes this.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Yup you got to go through itunes to delete imported pics.
    iPhone Nanite

Lightbulb deleting photos

In iTunes under Device, go to your iphone. Select the Photos section, then un-click Sync Photos From.... That will remove the extra albums. Or go to the folders on your computer that iTunes is set to sync with and delete the photos from there.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Can't delete pics!

You have to hook your phone up to the computer. Next find the photos on your computer and delete them. After doing that sync your phone. Hope this helps
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Can't delete pics!

Ok! Can somebody tell me how to delete them computer on itunes, coz I can't get to them