Colors in the calendar

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I read somewhere that the new calendar supports different colors for the events when synching with an Apple computer. Is there some way to program the colors just in the iPhone (or indicate a category for different events - work, home, etc?). I don't sync with an Apple, so I don't think I can do it on the computer end of things.

Chris

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Yes you can. There are only 3 colors, one for the overall calender(if you don't want to differentiate between work and home), one for work, and one for home. I'd like it if we could name even more calender colors, but maybe that will come later. But the answer to your question is an emphatic yes.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
That sux.. I too, was expecting to beable to customize colors based on either categories or busy/free status.

Here's to hoping Pocket Informant comes out sooner rather than later.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
So how do I change the colors then? I use outlook to house my calendar - do I change it on the iPhone itself? Or alternatively, how do I designate a calendar appt as "work" or "home"?

Chris

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
You designate the category when you make the entry. You can also modify any entries previously made. I don't know if the colors sync to outlook, but it does with iCal.

Correction: You can't edit a previously made entry. I thought you could. You can't.

Last edited:

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Whatever colors you set in iCal (or MobileMe) are how they show up on the iPhone. You can't actually set the colors from the iPhone itself, nor can you edit a calendar entry from one category to another in the iPhone itself. You can, however, create a new entry on the iPhone and will be given the choice of which calendar to put it in, and it will be color coded correctly.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I am not using iCal (not available on the PC I think) or MobileMe. As I said, I am using Outlook. So I guess I can't do colors or categories.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234