Should I bother going, or just wait?

jpg90

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I went in yesterday (to AT&T) at 1pm thinking they were going to have iPhones left but I was wrong lol. So today its 7:11 am now and the earliest I can get to the AT&T store is at 9 am (they open at 10 am). Should I bother going or just wait?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
My Apple store, according to the link, is completely sold out. Apparently we are not a "priority" store. As long as my AT&T store has some on Thursday, I will be a happy camper.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
ATT got the shaft stock-wise. I'm told it could be 4 days before stock replenishes, and when I say replenish, I mean replenish what few phones they had the first day.

My store only had 30 phones. No white ones, (10) 16GB, and (20) 8GB. I was literally the last person to get a phone that day. No stock was expected for awhile. I recommend doing direct-fulfill if you want to get anything from ATT.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. The only reason I wanted to do it from AT&T is because 1. I am porting 3 numbers from two different Verizon accounts. 2. The sales guy offered free activation on all three phones ($88 savings).
I think Apple may be able to do the first (????) but not the second.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure about activation prices. If they don't activate them in-store then they'll be waved, right? I was so anxious to get out of the store, I just swiped my card and left... I got two phones(8GB) and my receipt says $60 in taxes, which doesn't work out math-wise, so I'm guessing that includes activation cost... The only problem is I didn't activate in-store. (I'm going to have to make another couple phone calls.)

The best thing you can do is ask Apple, and it wouldn't be too hard.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
If you are in CA they charge tax on the RETAIL price of the phone (even a free phone isn't free!). May be the answer if you are here in Cali.

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Just called one of the Milwaukee Apple stores and he said they had good stock with about 30 people in line. For whatever that's worth. I'm waiting until tomorrow I think.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I went in yesterday (to AT&T) at 1pm thinking they were going to have iPhones left but I was wrong lol. So today its 7:11 am now and the earliest I can get to the AT&T store is at 9 am (they open at 10 am). Should I bother going or just wait?

Update your old phone to the 2.0 software and wait.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
If you are in CA they charge tax on the RETAIL price of the phone (even a free phone isn't free!). May be the answer if you are here in Cali.

I figured as much, but it's just weird that I'm suppose to accept some rogue charges on my receipt; no one told me about them. I wonder what the rationale is for the added tax -- airwave pollution?

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I figured as much, but it's just weird that I'm suppose to accept some rogue charges on my receipt; no one told me about them. I wonder what the rationale is for the added tax -- airwave pollution?
Here is an old article about it (to be honest I didn't read it all the way through as I have grown to accept the practice after all these years... and having to explain it to customers every day when I worked for a cell phone company):
Beware California's hidden cell phone tax

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2