Should I bother going, or just wait?
I went in yesterday (to AT&T) at 1pm thinking they were going to have iPhones left but I was wrong lol. So today its 7:11 am now and the earliest I can get to the AT&T store is at 9 am (they open at 10 am). Should I bother going or just wait?
- 07-12-2008, 08:22 AM #2
You might want to check here from time to time.
Apple Retail Store - iPhone availability at the Apple Store
Although I can tell you the only store sold out of all the phones is the store I was at yesterday. Orland Park. I know Oak Brook has all 3 versions currently.
- 07-12-2008, 10:28 AM #3
- 07-12-2008, 10:35 AM #4
ATT got the shaft stock-wise. I'm told it could be 4 days before stock replenishes, and when I say replenish, I mean replenish what few phones they had the first day.
My store only had 30 phones. No white ones, (10) 16GB, and (20) 8GB. I was literally the last person to get a phone that day. No stock was expected for awhile. I recommend doing direct-fulfill if you want to get anything from ATT.
- 07-12-2008, 10:41 AM #5
Thanks. The only reason I wanted to do it from AT&T is because 1. I am porting 3 numbers from two different Verizon accounts. 2. The sales guy offered free activation on all three phones ($88 savings).
I think Apple may be able to do the first (????) but not the second.
- 07-12-2008, 10:54 AM #6
I'm not sure about activation prices. If they don't activate them in-store then they'll be waved, right? I was so anxious to get out of the store, I just swiped my card and left... I got two phones(8GB) and my receipt says $60 in taxes, which doesn't work out math-wise, so I'm guessing that includes activation cost... The only problem is I didn't activate in-store. (I'm going to have to make another couple phone calls.)
The best thing you can do is ask Apple, and it wouldn't be too hard.
- 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM #7
- 07-12-2008, 12:38 PM #8
- 07-12-2008, 04:28 PM #9
- 07-12-2008, 06:21 PM #10
- 07-13-2008, 11:48 AM #11