anyone tried to move there upgrade date up by the sim card switch trick?

Billsteve

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
anyone tried to move there upgrade date up by the sim card switch trick?'

my friend is getting a 3G today and i want to try it. but i don't want to screw things up, because my upgrade date is not very far away...

but i can't wait!

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Nope but it looks like you will have to wait just like everyone else seeing as how apple has screwed things up with the whole 3G launch. I wonder how many people will read about this and just end up waiting a week or so to get one. So much for apples big day huh.

BaLLi5t1c

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I did and went into the store today and ordered (they were sold out) a Black 16 GIG with priority shipping (14.95) at the upgrade price. I'm currently a BlackBerry Curve owner by my wireless account reflects that I own an iphone and have the first gen iphone data plan thanks to the swap trick. The lady even said while looking at my account, "So, you already have an iphone?" I responded, "Yes ma'am." She said, "That's good. It makes our job a lot easier and you're saving quite a bit too." I said, "Don't I know it." :-D

So, I'm hoping to get mine by Monday since it was 3-5 days for priority shipping and go into the store on my way to work or once I get here (since it's right across the parking lot from my company) and walk out a brand new man.

Btw, a bit off-topic and I posted a thread already, but I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to whether or not I'll be able to charge/sync my new device out of the box since I read the review of the dock that was NOT included with the device. I'm not very up-to-date on the hardware side of things so any advice would be appreciated.