iPhone Yellow Screen

Does your new iPhone have a yellow tint?

• Yes... and it is STRONG!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes... but it is like Beer Pee... slightly watered down.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No.

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I was reading on another forum that the new iPhone has a yellow tint to it, especially compared with the original iPhone. Does yours?

attachment.php

Image from MacRumors

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
If I look at mine dead on, it is okay.

If I angle mine at about 45 degree (from both a vertical and horizontal axis) then I see a yellow tinge.

Chris

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Mine looks clear as day as well!!! Im sooooo happy! Wish I could synch. I guess apple has had trouble with itunes today. Not sure if that is fixed yet...I had to manually add my contacts. Boy that took awhile.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Anyone noticed richer colors on the iPhone 3G?

I just looked at my camera roll, that I backed up from my previous iPhone, on the new iPhone 3G and realized something. The colors were a lot richer. More vibrant! Did anyone else notice this? Everything just pops... I love it!

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Now that I think about it mine does look yellow. For example if you take a look at notepad... mine is like this mustard yellow color. I actually kinda like it. With me, my eyes are really sensitive to light, so a super bright screen but not so white feels pretty good on my eyes.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
the screen is beautiful, I have a small dead pixel, most of the time I don't notice it, do alot of them come this way or should I take it back and get another

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
the screen is beautiful, I have a small dead pixel, most of the time I don't notice it, do alot of them come this way or should I take it back and get another

Actually I heard Bad Ash talk about how that happened to him. He took he's back and they gave him a new one, but the next gig higher. Did you get the 8GB? You might get it replaced with a 16GB because of the dead pixel.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Actually I heard Bad Ash talk about how that happened to him. He took he's back and they gave him a new one, but the next gig higher. Did you get the 8GB? You might get it replaced with a 16GB because of the dead pixel.

no I got a 16 gig, I'm gonna wait til sunday after the crowds die down to go back, I wish I had noticed it there

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Ya me too. I think they should replace your phone and give you a case or an Apple gift card.

that would be nice, i wanted to get a case this morning but they were all to busy to help, understandable so I was gonna get one from att but I guess I'll just get one from the apple store on sunday

BillPetro

Jun 9, 2008
www.billpetro.com
Mine too is like the picture in the first posting. Slightly yellow, hadn't noticed that before. However, it is 'brighter' than the 1.0 iPhone at the same brightness level.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Yellow 3G Screen... there is a fix!

Here ya go... you just need to update the firmware:

iPhone Yellow Screen Issue Fix! - Mac Forums
Someone please sticky this or something, I had to make this post outside of that Larger Yellow Screen thread because I dont think anyone is Actually discussing the solution.

Here is the solution, pretty easy, Just might take a little bit depending on how big your iphone Data (music and vids etc etc) is.

Ok So! you're getting the Yellow Hint? I was as well.

I compared them both side by side, and mine was in fact more yellow then the original. Go to your Settings and you will notice that your firmware will be (5A345)

Just plug in your iphone to Itunes, then Run the "RESTORE" and it will update to the newer firmware (5A347)

When i got back in, the yellow Hew, Hint or whatever you want to call it, was gone.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Mine looks great, I think the auto brightness also can mess with how your screen looks.
I loaded a movie on and was getting the negative blacks (the horror came back from remember my iPod touch fiasco), but I had put the brightness all the way up and turned auto brightness on. So I lowered the brightness about half way and put auto brightness on and was AMAZED at how much of a difference there was.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh