9000 iPhones to be shipped by Friday???

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
If you read the article, it specifies it was "one distributer" receiving 9000 when expecting 50000. It doesn't say anything about which distributer or what country even. Most of what AppleInsider has reported is about non-US supply only.

I just finished reading it and I'm reading the corrected article I guess. Manho(WTF) must have read it before revision.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Based on some other reports I've seen online, I doubt it very seriously. The moron at the AT&T store locally this week said they'd only be getting 30 units for first day launch and then wouldn't receive anymore until next Monday. I'm calling horse hockey on that one too. After last year, I'd be amazed if Apple/AT&T didn't have them piled to the rafters for tomorrow in the US.

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I call Shenanagins!!!! I would be very surprised if they (Apple/AT&T) would be so unprepared as to have only 9000 for the entire US. If you look at California, NY and Illinois there are 58 Apple stores. If only looking at the stores in these 3 states each apple store would receive 150 units (approx) and that does not include any of the AT&T store in these states. the number is bogus or Apple is trying to start riots - you pick.

tony2979#CB

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Probably noteworthy that he said that "one distributor" made that claim. I am sure there is more than one distributor in the US for the iPhone.