2.0 Software by 12 PM (EST) on the 10th?

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I found the following blurb over at the MacNN site:

Anonymous sources are meanwhile claiming that the App Store, in theory only scheduled to go online on the 11th, will in fact go online by 12PM EST (5PM GMT) on the 10th for the US and the UK. Analysts with Music Ally observe that it "makes sense," as the 3G will go on sale at 12:01AM on the 11th in New Zealand's local time, equivalent to 1PM GMT or 8AM EST the previous day. The launch of the App Store should also signal the availability of the iPhone 2.0 firmware and iTunes 7.7, which are required for access.

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
This will be a really golden nugget if true - I'll get to test fly the 2.0 software on my iPhone before having to lay down more money on AT&T - it would be a real help, particularly since all iPhone owners should update to OS 2. before switching out to the iPhone 3g.

gibsonhtp#IM

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
This would have to be true considering the fact that (as said before), it will be 5:01am July 10th, in Cupertino when the Iphone 3G goes on sale in New Zealand at 12:01 am July 11th.

Following that there will be Australia just a few hours after that, etc... So, to prevent major problems/issues, Apple would have to release itunes 7.7, 2.0 software, mobileme and the app store before 5am tomorrow the 10th. (Looks like I'm staying up late tonight,lol).

tx76mike

May 25, 2004
Visit site
looks like I am staying up late on the 10th :) this is a plus to upgrade my current iPhone and then making the decision before taking the plunge in buying the 3G

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
do you think they wil annouce when it will be released?
i hope it's sometime before friday at 8.
im surprised they haven't talked about it at all since wwdc.. i hope they say something about it.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
This will be a really golden nugget if true - I'll get to test fly the 2.0 software on my iPhone before having to lay down more money on AT&T - it would be a real help, particularly since all iPhone owners should update to OS 2. before switching out to the iPhone 3g.

My iTunes has been promising to check for updates on the 11th. It has been promising to check for iPhone updates on the 11th. Now, all of a sudden, both dates have slipped to the 16th.

So, while the software may be available early on the 11th, there will be no automatic update. I was bragging this morning that I would be able to get 2.0 without even getting out of bed. So much for one more brag.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
This would have to be true considering the fact that (as said before), it will be 5:01am July 10th, in Cupertino when the Iphone 3G goes on sale in New Zealand at 12:01 am July 11th.

Following that there will be Australia just a few hours after that, etc... So, to prevent major problems/issues, Apple would have to release itunes 7.7, 2.0 software, mobileme and the app store before 5am tomorrow the 10th. (Looks like I'm staying up late tonight,lol).

I expect that Apple has servers in NZ and OZ that service local machines. They do not have to turn on the whole world at once.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2